• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ammo?

gsmopar

Quentin Defense lower, CMMG upper, Tubbs BCW, Heavy Buffer, PRI Brake, CMMG Lower Parts Kit, DPMS tube and stock. 

I've used multiple brands/grain 7.62 (Winchester, Privi, and PNC).  The Winchester jams the least from the cheap stuff.  I've also used multiple brands/grain in 308 and NEVER had a jam.  I think the lightest 308 was a 160, and 147 for the 7.62.

Oops For some reason I was thinking you had a DPMS barrel on there. Must been when you said you had a DPMS tube I took that as slang  for the barrel. As far as the CMMG goes I don't know  <dontknow> if you don't get an answer here give them a call or shoot them an email and ask if there .308 chamber can handle 7.62x51 nato.

Not new, probably has 500ish rounds through it.  Can I be creating an issue running the Heavy Buffer in conjunction with the Tubbs BCW?

Possibly.  Leave the CWS shell in there (it weighs almost nothing), but pull the weights out of it, whichever you're using (the steel or the tungsten).  Shoot it with the heavy buffer and just the shell, and let me know how it goes.  <thumbsup>

Not new, probably has 500ish rounds through it.  Can I be creating an issue running the Heavy Buffer in conjunction with the Tubbs BCW?

Take the carrier weight off and shoot it. The carrier weight is used to compensate for a more powerful/hot load to slow down the BCG during its cycle. BTW run it wet !

My barrel is CMMG.

My CMMG MK3 (bought as a complete rifle) is marked .308 on the barrel and shoots 7.62x51 just fine, including the Federal (LC) XM80C NATO. CMMG does advertise that it is fine to use 7.62x51 and it is marked 7.62 on my receiver too.

I DID have one problem with RELOADED Lake City NATO brass. Seems that about 50% of one batch with LC 08 headstamps didn't quite fit in the chamber right and the bolt could not go fully forward to fire. They basically jammed in the chamber and I had to pry back the BCG with a screwdriver to get it to even eject. My assumption was the reloaded cases were not quite correct. Everything else seems to work fine.

Edited by shibiwan

I got a reply from CMMG and will try playing with the BCW and AMMO types on the next outing.  Here is my reply from CMMG <thumbsup> :

Greg,

Your upper is chambered for 7.62 NATO rounds so there shouldn't be an issue. I would suggest trying to find a better quality ammo to try in it. If you are still having issues after that we may need to check the chamber out for you.

Thank you,