• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Silencers Loophole Targeted for Closure

imschur

I don't get it.  In reality, I have to remove my 17-year old son from my trust.

He's not old enough to own/possess a handgun (21).  He's not old enough to own/possess a rifle or shotgun (18).  He's not old enough to own NFA weapons, so no suppressors, no SBRs, etc. 

So, Attorney Question coming up - Do I have to WAIT until all the stamps go through, THEN add him to the trust?

More importantly, this looks like I have to do a complete background certification on EVERY SINGLE PERSON on the trust - so is that 7 Tax Stamps that I have to pay for?  Or just 7 sets of fingerprints, pics, and CLEO sigs?

What a bunch of S H I T.

This has been in the works for a bit... we're close to the first 30 days of the comment period. Here's the link to read up, and post your comments for/against the change.

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/09/09/2013-21661/machine-guns-destructive-devices-and-certain-other-firearms-background-checks-for-responsible

There are a number of places online that have ideas for ways to write a good comment, not just 'this sucks' or 'don't do it'... facts are, only 3 NFA weapons have been reported in a crime (at least that were REGISTERED as NFA)... some say only 2. It is horse$hit as it's nothing but a feelgood change for the gun grabbers. Basically it's something Obama can do without approval from anyone, but thankfully they still have to go thru the 90 day comment period for any changes to take effect. I believe the 90 days is up Dec 9th? Get your comments in, have your family do it, and make it good. I read thru a number of the comments, and formed mine after reading them. Helped calm me down reading some of the very well written comments.

BUT... anyone that thinks they will NOT do these changes needs to rethink that. There is NO reason to believe they will not do it - the comment period is simply a formality they have to abide by. The only question is, will any forms submitted before the change be grandfathered, or rejected and told to reapply under the new rules? I'd be willing to bet there are a TON of new Trusts formed and forms submitted right now...

98, sorry, but I'm not a lawyer. But, the way I read it, they only need the fingerprints and background checks. The NFA item is owned by the trust, therefore one stamp. But, I'm not a lawyer so...

I have been callinhg for backup on this since day one if this is passed we are all in trouble..... for me the gun trust is a way to make my children legal in the event of my death or my wifes otherwise they can not even touch them...... lets get to commenting to these A$$wipes......