• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Audio books anyone?

shepp

This is something I've been kicking around. I really would like to read the Chris Kyle books, but when it comes to reading my attention span is shot! I went to iTunes and see they've got American sniper, life and ledgend of, and American gun on there. Figure I could listen while I drive for work intstead of the stupid radio. Anyone else use audio books?

Audio books are a great idea. I had to make a lot of 11+ hour drives this year, and I used it as an opportunity to "read"  a bunch of classics I'd always wanted to get to ("The Hunchback Of Notre Dame", "The Scarlet Letter", some other really high-brow stuff), and for levity, "Fawlty Towers". I laughed so hard I almost ran off the road. Dangerous stuff! <laughs>

BTW, Sirius radio is a great alternative to normal radio. It's worth it.

Audio books are a great idea. I had to make a lot of 11+ hour drives this year, and I used it as an opportunity to "read" a bunch of classics I'd always wanted to get to ("The Hunchback Of Notre Dame", "The Scarlet Letter", some other really high-brow stuff), and for levity, "Fawlty Towers". I laughed so hard I almost ran off the road. Dangerous stuff! <laughs>

BTW, Sirius radio is a great alternative to normal radio. It's worth it.

Yea I love satalite radio but my boss is old school and thinks we shouldn't even have radios, his son wouldn't care. In my personal truck I listen to a lot of pandora off my phone.

I down loaded the biography of Chris kyles and a book a few friends have read called "behold a pale horse".

my boss is old school and thinks we shouldn't even have radios,

We had a chief like that back when we hotseated patrol cars (didn't have take home cars). He ordered 3 new cars with no radios. This was back in the 80's when you could actually get a car without a radio! Within 3 months those cars all had aftermarket AM/FM/Casette decks in the glove boxes! Don't know how they got there! <lmao>

Yea I got smart and would change the station to something he'd listen to after I got outta an install truck. Now that I do service and I've got my own van I could get away with it alittle easier. I'm due up for a new van hoping it comes with an audio port

• 4 weeks later...

I drive about 50K a year mostly on trips of 4+ hours.  I started checking audio books out of the local Public Library and it worked great.  My better half got me an I-Pod for our 40th Anniversary this year and I found out I can download the books from the Library to the I-Pod and it works even better!  Love to listen while driving, makes the trip go so much faster!

I drive about 50K a year mostly on trips of 4+ hours. I started checking audio books out of the local Public Library and it worked great. My better half got me an I-Pod for our 40th Anniversary this year and I found out I can download the books from the Library to the I-Pod and it works even better! Love to listen while driving, makes the trip go so much faster!

I seem to not want to fidget with my phone while driving either, concentrating on the book. I would strongly recommend the Chris Kyle book, few friends said Marcus Latrell's lone surviver is equally as good