• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

oops guess I should have started here first post

thorthemighty

Hi ya'll

I just bought me a new SR 762 and was looking for a new trigger because the one on this rifle is pretty heavy anyway thats how I ended up discovering this site, I have a Dragonov 762x54R but this is my first NATO and I went with the gas piston instead of the DGI Stoner set up...I even took the risk of getting into an entire newly developed gun just came out in Oct, though the design is based off of Rugers SR556 that has been proven a reliable and good gas piston platform...Ruger just did one better with this one in my opinion...anyway I am happy to join the group and discuss 308AR's.

Thanks Sketch

As soon as I get the new trigger I will really start dialing in my dope and post some results, I'm just playing with some plinking right now don't want to go through too many rounds untill I have it set up to my liking. However right out of the box after a quick field strip and perfunctory cleaning I ran about 40 rounds through and it performed flawlessly as I would hope and expect,

I will be running it through the gauntlet with differnent ammo, distances and scope vs sights etc...once the new trigger has been done...I haven't made up my mind on which one to go with yet.... Honey do's are getting in the way of progress for the next few weeks and maybe two months with the Holiday's so it may be after the New year before I  get to really work the gun. I am going to try to squeeze some rounds off inbetween despite the Holiday chaos.

• 2 weeks later...