• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

45 acp info

MONTANA308

There are so many great powders for pistol these days. I use HS-6 with 230 LRN, 7.1 grains seems to work fine, great accuracy, very clean. I also like Silhouette, AA#2 for lighter recoiling loads, AA#5 is great for higher velocity loads and also burns cleanly. You have two great powders for the .45. Get a couple loading manuals and try them out.

Lately I've been using W231 for .45acp and 9mm.  It meters well and consistently, the lighter loads will plink all day and the hotter ones hit with some good thump.

Did some experiments with .45acp and Trail Boss.  Like shooting soft 9mm yet these loads cycle every single one of my .45 autos…really surprised me.  My next batch of "student ammo" will be with Trail Boss.

I've been using Unique been great in my .45 and 9mm the only complaint that I have is its a little dirtier than other powders but the plus side is good case fill and able to produce factory velocity on the ammo I run.

Now there is a new powder out that you might want to try see how it shoots called CFE pistol the velocities are suppose to be higher than factory loads but still within safe pressures.