• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

windham weaponry review?

pokey

Does anybody have any experience with a windham weaponry .308 rifle? I have found only one minimal review.

How would it compare to a Armalite in 16".

How much difference in effective range between a 16" and 20" barrel and is the 20" worth it? 

Welcome to the forum!

Windham Weaponry was established after the Freedom Group bought out Bushmaster and moved the manufacturing facilities out of Windham, ME. The local gunsmiths etc that were working for Bushmaster set up shop to make their own line of firearms. In effect, you have the old Bushmaster crew making the Windham firearms.

That said, I have not seen a Windham SRC 308 anywhere, but I would assume it would be on-par with the offerings from DPMS, CMMG, S&W, etc. If you see one at a good price, buy it and let us know how it does!

The difference between a 16" and a 20" is about 150-200fps in bullet velocity. Not much in the big scheme of things, but you'll have a slightly larger holdover with the 16".

Edited by shibiwan

That said, I have not seen a Windham SRC 308 anywhere, but I would assume it would be on-par with the offerings from DPMS, CMMG, S&W, etc. If you see one at a good price, buy it and let us know how it does!

^^This , The Windham SRC 308 just hit the shelves, you're not going to find much info. on it for awhile. My thinking is don't buy any brand new model until it's had time for any bugs to show up & be addressed. <dontknow>

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought my brand new in the box DPMS AP4 308 in November for $819.00. I bought it specifically for the 16" carbine length barrel for tree stand deer hunting, I mounted a trijicon 2.5-10-56 accupoint w/QD Burris mount w/Burris Fastfire lll and put a geiselle SSA-E trigger in it for less then 2 Grand including the cost of the rifle.

The guy said he was wholesaleing these rifles because the new DPMS ll recons were flooding the market and he needed to blow these out.

Edited by DEER HUNTER

I like it, at 300 yards its right on the money and the glass is bright and clear. No battery to deal with and the accupoint brightness is adjustable.

I'm really a Nikon guy but I'm also now a believer in trijicon. I will say that my Nikon Buckmaster 6-18-40 on my Grendel has more magnification but within 300 yards the Trijicon is a far superior riflescope, again that's coming from a guy with many Nikon scopes.