• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2018 at 7:15 AM, washguy said:

Thanks Edge!     Slept in her. Last nite

Hope Char likes it. Lol.   Wash

1534515225119104214713.jpg

@washguycheck your email, brother.  You need new wastegate actuators...   :thumbup:  The ones you have in there now are too weak...  They're not holding the wastegates closed under a WOT run...  They're "bleeding off" and you're loosing boost at the top end on your Zero-To-Hero blasts, brother...  I just went through the initial data you sent me...  

This is a twin-turbo, right?

Edited by 98Z5V

24 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

Also, I am understanding the euro spec brake pads are way more effective and less fade with the same calipers 

I've got a bigger issue with the data he sent me - hes dropping boost on WOT runs, so that means his wastegate actuators sucks - for the boost he's throwing at them.

He's at 14 psi, and it drops under accel, at higher rpms, from what he sent me.  - What's the stock system boosting to?  Those wastegate actuators (stock) are shiit, and can't contain the pressure at a WOT run, with what he's doing now.  They're blowing open under a WOT run, and he's dropping boost before he gets to the end of that run- and he said his guy "was taking it easy..."  No Bueno....

Just now, edgecrusher said:

That or it’s a safety mechanism, built into the software, to preserve the engine for longevity 

1045005671_JeffWastegateActuator.thumb.png.fec0810e8d28badd1138a06c40d5d4d7.png

Not in this case, brother - here's a piece of the chart data he sent me, and that I caught on to, right away.    Engine rpm and boost pressure - he said this was an "easy run by his guy that was tuning.  Unless he feathered the throttle towards the end of the run, then this ain't normal.

He was good to 5095 rpm, with boost, and then the boost dropped off.  His guy cut the run at 5914 rpm, chopped it - boost spiked because he slammed the throttle, and the blow-off valve took over - and eventually dropped pressures. Quickly, really. 

He lost boost on that run after 5095 rpm - because his wastegate actuator(s) on those twin turbos can't keep up, and they can't even keep the wastegate closed now (with increased boost), under a Zero-to-Hero run. 

...  He outrun the actuators, with more boost.  He needs stronger wastegate actuators...   :thumbup:  I'm just sayin'...  :banana:

Hey yall it was me driving in my neighborhood with a 30mph limit and the POPO house is just around the corner....lol    I wasn't hammering it don't think I was 100 percent throttle  it was like 0to60 or 0 to 80 on the two lane rd to the POPO house....just feeling out map2...which...lmee go see what map2 boost is ...its a taper boost...ill be right back....just got home from a new shootin range...im in heaven..its got several 6/700 hundred yd slots a 1000 yd slot and a effin 1 mile range...holy crap this place is the nutz....20 bills....::thumbup:    2 turbos

lemme go see what the map2 does...ill be back    https://www.triplecrange.com/

Edited by washguy

Here's  the maps of what I have...running on map 2....Good Eye Tom !!!   its a taper boost....so what did the csv say...it dropped boost by how much?

Map guide as of v3 firmware (selected via JB4 Mobile/laptop interface. Map1 is the default map)

Map 0: JB4 disabled
Map 1: 4psi over stock peak tapering to 2.5psi at high RPM. Default performance map suitable for all 91+ octane fuels.
Map 2: 5psi over stock tapering to 4psi at high RPM. Suggested for 93+ octane fuel.
Map 3: 6psi stock tapering to 5psi at high RPM. Suggested for high quality fuel including unleaded race gas, ethanol mixtures up to 30%, or high quality octane booster like Torco or Boostane.
Map 4: Valet map, runs around half as much boost as stock.
Map 5: Up to 7psi over stock. Suggested for unleaded race fuel or E85 mixtures up to 30%.
Map 6: User adjustable map. Enter value of boost over stock by RPM on user adjustment page.
Map 7: Currently set to the same settings as map5. Stronger map coming here in a future update. smile.gif

Firmware:

JB4_KIA_4_T1:

1) Adjustment to fuel mapping if equipped with fuel wires. 0-100 scaling now represents around 0-1.25:1 leaner than stock. We believe the same default settings are appropriate, but if you want to richen your mixture at the top end to how it is in v3 firmware, reduce each position by 20. e.g. change 100 to 80, and 80 to 60.
2) Logical change to address intermittent "low boost mode" when letting off the gas, on higher boost maps

daaamn I cant remember whether I had just turned on map 3 or not....might have been map2    I gotta get on the highway and do a full pull....its been rain rain

rain    oh you can look at top of csv and it will tell what map the run was on.....but I was on the 30mph rd...lol ticket wouldn't have been given...but a ride to the neighbors house would have been guaranteed....lol

I was running 5 gals of E85 with 93....no knock or pullback at all.....wait till she loosens up just rolled over 500 mile....LOL....

Edited by washguy

You are So right !...just looked a cell phone data with csv....its leaking boost on better runs !    10 yr 100k powertrain warranty....so that's wht all the tuners are coming out with bov's of there own ....

on that csv...I think its me being a woosie and backing out....im nowhere near redline either.....ill get my $hit straight tomorrow if it dries out...and note what map im on.....the traction control cant even keep up it lays rubber down...its got a launch control where you turn  off all traction controllers...then you put foot on brake,,,mat the throttle and it goes into a 3 second launch countdown where it spools up turbos and then launches. the car...havnt tried that yet...lol

Edited by washguy

• 2 weeks later...

I think i had a bucket list day.

There is a group of all walks of life, young and old,  cars of the same. They find an empty parking lot and make a small road course and rip around for time and bragging rights. It was a blast to watch! I got my first ride in a vett today ( not on the track) and then someone called his friend with a Lamborghini Huracan performante! ( he was not there to race) Holyfucking balls out fast!! We were chatting watching on the side of the track. we both had to leave about midway, so were walking out to his car and he says" hop in ill take you to the other side."  aaaaa really?  ok!!!  some how i got the spaceship door to open and were moving off the gravel to the public road.. he says" wheres the entrance to the track? do you think they will let me make a pass?" aaaa really? OK!!!! HOLEYFUCKING BALLS PART!! We went around the block in like 4 seconds.. he yells over the engine scream " where do i turn?" i said there ( 20') ahead bam breaks and were at the start.. we signal the flagger for a go signal.... and nogo there were people on the track.  ill count it though that was unreal! i dont even know his name?  

20181006_140605.jpg

20181006_212455.jpg

Sketch    you did have a bucket list day!  Way to go...being in a lambo is soooo SWEET !   So if im not mistaken back in the day the parking lot race courses were called Gymkhanas im pretty sure ,and they prolly still have them on big ol parking lots.

So me and my buddy were out cruising on Saturday afternoon in my 1970 454 vette  the year I think was 1971,and we pass by this big ol parking lot with cars racing around the road course set up....so we go into the the lot and we are watching all this great fun ...this guy comes up and sez why don't you take the vette thru the course?  Okay how? He sez just go over to the car club table fill out a waiver, and donate 5 bills to the club...well heck yeah im in. So first off the vette  isn't made for this road stuff and ive never done this  tiny pylon miniature golf road course... the course has the got timing lights, and all that stuff...so  Im driving waay over my head in the car ,and im knocking pylons over and out of control.....wait for it.......I come into the finish line and smooth run over the timing lights .....it was game over for the day of racing  for all....had some pissed off car club people wanting to kick my azz...as my buddy is jumping in and we wave bye bye....best 5 bucks I ever spent for a race:laffs:  Wash

• 3 months later...