• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New guy

Apache

Hi everyone.

Been lurking for a bit and have decided to join. Just built my first AR-10 not too long ago using various parts and made my own barrel. I like the fire power much better than the AR-15 platform.

This one is a 338 Federal and shoots great. Just a basic build to get the hang of it. Found out the AR-10 parts are a little harder to find than the DPMS styled rifles. This one is a bit of a hybrid.

Used a Matrix Aerospace matched upper and lower and went from there. 

I do my own gunsmith work and also build prefit barrels for a living for various firearms.100_1102_zpsc9f82633.jpg

Enjoyed that one so now I'm building a DPMS system that will have multiple uppers starting with the 260 as my long range target rifle then a 358 Winchester for the heavy stuff. The new billet lower already has all the best parts on it I can afford with a nice match trigger. I plan on swapping out uppers as needed/wanted. At some point there will be a 6.5x47 Lapua upper made for it just to see how accurate it can be in a AR-10 vs a bolt gun. Probably do a big bore wildcat or two for it too before I'm done with it.

Anyway....this is a great site and hope to spend some time here with y'all. There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable folks here.

Thanks for the welcome!

Here's the latest project.....nearly complete just need a block and tube then put it together.

LR308_zpseadd8c1b.jpg

26" 260 Remington barrel for target work

22" 308 Barrel

The rest is pretty obvious what it is.......It'll be together and shooting soon.

• 2 weeks later...

My newest build. It has all the bells and whistles including a 2 lb. Jard target trigger. I will post targets as soon as I can shoot it. I will be putting a Harris bipod on it as soon as it gets here. This isn't a rifle you want to pack around...it's heavy....but it's built to be able to reach out and touch nearly anything you can see without having to get any closer!  ::)

26" 260 8" Twist Remington Bull Barrel

Jugernaut Billet Lower

DPMS slick side upper

Nickel Boron Bolt and Carrier

MagPul PRS Buttstock

BTE Gas Block

VLTOR Bravo MOD-3 Large Latch Charging Handle 

2 LB. Jard Target Trigger

100_1152_zps602314bd.jpg

Edited by Apache