• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

NFA Trust rule changes

NTXshooter

Nope.  Nothing happening June 1.  Some changes are coming, but I don't think they have a hard and fast date. Keep buying.   >:D

Thanks, I had not heard anything and I figured that would be big news.

Looks like NFA regs are set to come into effect "in June". Whatever those might be. There was a proposal by Obama-friendly bureaucrats, and a "public comment period" during which "Right-Wingers Who Clutch Guns And Bibles" can say Things That All Proper Gunless Progressives don't like. After that, there was an amount of time for the bureaucrats to 'show their dedication to democratic principles' by considering and rejecting comments by "Right-Wingers Who Clutch Guns And Bibles" and doing what Obama wants. And we're set to find out what Obama wants on NFA items "in June".

First approximation, it looks like some time next month you'll have to find someone in the local police bureaucracy to sign off on the notion that you and your NFA weapon won't be used for criminal activity. Come on, cops suspect everyone. You ain't getting any NFA items if you need a cop you never met before in your life to swear on the honor of his pension that you won't do something illegal with it. Like shooting squirrels for instance.

We won't know what the BATFE is gonna do with the NFA trust rules until they are actually published. At this point, everything will be too late. Likely not even the NRA could muster enough political clout to reverse the damage, though they might try.

So for now, everyone commenting on this piece of business is actually correct. And we may soon discover how bad the damage is. Maybe. Soon. Possibly, in June. And that rhymes.

From what I've heard. It's back to getting the fingerprint cards and form 4 put through your local CLEO. It's a pain in the ass for me here in Maryland. Because everything has to go through the ONE (main) state police barracks. That's a 45 minute drive (not counting traffic) one way. That was the main reason for forming the trust between my son and I. That and having the capability for either one of us to have possession of an NFA weapon (or device) that the trust owns.

Just more horse$hit from the current administration to slow us down. As if the BATFE wait of 6 to 12 months wasn't enough.

This $hit gives me an ice cream headache. Where's my beer?

having to get fingerprints etc will effectivly distroy a trust and I will bitch and moan to stop that the reason for a trust is not to have some mythical loophole but to have a way that members of your family can use the NFA items without becoming a criminal.... ands to have a way to pass on your gun collections and NFA items ...

Paper pushers !  

having to get fingerprints etc will effectivly distroy a trust and I will bitch and moan to stop that the reason for a trust is not to have some mythical loophole but to have a way that members of your family can use the NFA items without becoming a criminal.... ands to have a way to pass on your gun collections and NFA items ...

In case of the NFA owners death , your NFA item(s) can be transferred to a immediate family member (s)  with out charge , just reapplication ( family member ) & finger prints for transfer.

Edited by survivalshop

Unless said weapons are banned from being transferred in your state. My state, for example, is about to ban the transfer of SBR's (yet another reason I gotta get the hell outta here). So if I clutched my chest and dropped the day after this went into effect, if it wasn't for my trust, where would they end up going? Straight to the crusher.

Stupid assed gun laws.

Oh. Not what I meant. I get to keep mine. Just can't transfer any more SBR's after 1 July (I think that's the date). Pretty much the same thing that the state did with AR-15's last year.

And I'm not a family type of guy. Don't like a lot of my family. So, they either go to my kids (Son is a trustee, daughter is the beneficiary to either one of us), or to all of you yahoo's around here. <lmao>

Edited by Rsquared

Oh. Not what I meant. I get to keep mine. Just can't transfer any more SBR's after 1 July (I think that's the date). Pretty much the same thing that the state did with AR-15's last year.

And I'm not a family type of guy. Don't like a lot of my family. So, they either go to my kids (Son is a trustee, daughter is the beneficiary to either one of us), or to all of you yahoo's around here. <lmao>

Huh. And here, I was thinking that problems like this were solved by the firearm(s) becoming involved in a tragic boating incident which made it impossible to find them.

Don't worry my man.....you're definitely on the short list (from the short bus of course). You get to have the first argument with my son (he's 25 now)...........followed by Greg and Rob. Then Tom can storm in and try to intimidate him. BUT...........I leave one two syllable word for that.

OOH-RAH!!

Edited by Rsquared

• 4 weeks later...