• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

can we have a build thread section?

Magwa

Ok , IMO we need a section for build threads only, rebarreling,complete builds,lower parts kits install etc etc , with pictures pictures pictures... this way we get to keep all this info in a form avalible to others , and when stumped by a problem like extractor removal and rebuild a novice or whoever can search out build section for answers..... what say you?

no comments allowed in the thread just the material put in from the thread starter, and new threads must be approved by a mod. so we are not dupicating, in the same section we could have a Tips thread on tricks to do certain things like leaving the punch in when changing trigger pins etc.....

Edited by Magwa

videos are tough not everyone has a good video canera, but every one has a digital camera, and the thread maker gets to explain in his own words how he went about his prodject what tools he used etc.... and I do not think it would be tough to keep clean because NO comments are allowed just the thread as the starter made it so it is more like a small book or how to without the clutter of people making comments...

all those threads are very hard to search specific part build and they are not organized into anything  that is easy to use a build section should not have user comments it should be a critera that it include alot of pictures and read like a how to manual.. of course this is all my opinion and I guess means not much it was just a suggestion, no big deal .....I will drop it.

Edited by Magwa

I like the idea of build threads, problem we always run into is they turn into discussions of other things unrelated. I think I have mentioned before Im redoing the main site and it's coming along pretty good. Maybe finish it this weekend if we get some bad weather.The format there will allow folks to have their builds published. The author can chose to allow comments or not. Additionally the comments wont interfere with the content regardless. Maybe we can do a "user" builds section here knowing we will go off topic but take the final finished project with detail to the main site. Keep in mind guys I can build anything any more. All i can do is juggle what I currently own "insert yawn". AR15's I have lead way until they "fix" the "loophole"

For basic build tutorials, ARFCOM already has all that - and the stuff is good. 

I boycott the new section, based on the amount of information I've already put up, in other threads.  That's just me...  <dontknow>

If you want to high light your build , start a thread on it . I & others here have photo tutorials of our projects . If you have a question about this or that , we just love to help people out  & trying to stop this crowd from commenting, is like stoping a fly from landing on a turd  <lmao>

Not trying to start a revolution here lol just trying to get all the awesome material on this site into a user friendly format of somesort, Again i will say that in build threads   THERE SHOULD BE NO USER COMMENTS ,IT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED. that way it is the users build and not influenced by others if you think you have a better way then do your own build , as a example I want to build a complete upper, but I never have nor have I seen it done a upper build thread would be a great tool complete with pictures and specs. same with reloading, or lower parts kits easy for many of us but a new comer might like to be able to just follow the directions, all build threads should have to get permission from the Mods so we stay on subject, you could have bolt guns, semi autos pistols whatever as lon g as they are instructional... all this info can be kept in a archive .... anyway you get the idea even if you don't like it it is all good.... here is a link to a build thread on a jeep forum it is simply awesome...

http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f98/cj5-hardtop-budget-build-converted-cj7-hard-top-16951/

After reading that even I can do it ....

98Z5V, I know to folks that have good internet you do not think about it much but people need to remember not everyone has good internet I have a connection that is held to 4 gigs a month( so watching alot of youtube is not doable and besides most of the time my connection is to slow to stream it). total and the speed is about equal to dialup, and that is all that is available, and to boot I can not join ARFcom simply because I do not have a big time known email address so they can take it in the neck!!... in fact it is the reason I cam to this site 

Maybe a Technical section with just what you are asking, would work . With references to past threads on the subject , I know I spend some time looking for my & others old posts , just to remember what was said & how it was resolved or completed & that includes reloading.

One aspect which we should discuss about this is , these things we are building are not motorcycles or a swing set , Firearms can & do blow up on people , not sure if I would want a called " Technical instruction " on it any where . Wonder what if any liability it would have with some ones name on it ?

The way it is now its just advice on the internet , just thinking out loud .