• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The Remington 84205 bolt action rifle.

98Z5V

Rob, found this for ya.  Remington 84205R rifle.  It's the Rem 700 AAC-SD, chambered in 300BLK.  16.5" threaded barrel.

Probably the perfect suppressed rifle, after the DeLisle Carbine.  This is nice...

80179.jpg

dsc_2657.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

You already have the can, brother, I'm just sayin'.  Bolt guns are still legal for you.  Again, just sayin'. 

For the 300 AAC BLK, that rifle (out of the box) is about as good as it gets.  Heavy threaded SHORT barrel, proven action, tons of aftermarket support for the platform.  That rifle, plus a 51t Brakeout .30 cal, and you're in business.  Only downside I see to this one, is the price of a detachable bottom metal conversion.  Pacific Tool & Gauge (PTG) is the only one I see out there for 5.56 bolt guns on Rem actions, and that's what you'll need.  Runs AICS mags.

Now, ON that thought, I ventured off the rez and searched out the Mossberg MVP 300BLK...  Already had DBM setup from the factory, medium-heavy barrel, threaded of course, and SHORT (16").  Mossberg LBA trigger, which is quite good.  Runs any AR mag you wanna toss in there.  Add 51t Brakeout to that, run your current 5.56 mags, still as quiet as that Rem 700 above.  <thumbsup>

Enter the Mossberg 27718:

27718-1-large.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

As cool as that .300BLK is, I got to handle the 85538 .308 version yesterday...and the wheels started spinning.

Asked Tom where he got his detachable bottom metal conversion (Roger at BAD).

Now the scheming begins.

I agree for some reason I just can get excited about the 300BLK, but then again I haven't shot a 8in barreled one slinging 220 SMKs either! Would be a fun rifle and handy in either chambering.

I agree for some reason I just can get excited about the 300BLK, but then again I haven't shot a 8in barreled one slinging 220 SMKs either! Would be a fun rifle and handy in either chambering.

MikeH and Tom have! It's definitely a fun build to shoot.

Edited by shibiwan

I'll need the LA version as well - want to build up the 300 Win Mag with it.  Don't have it now, won't have it for awhile, but this is the one I want:

Can't find much on it out there, because it's not in Remington's catalog, or website:

http://www.impactguns.com/remington-700-milspec-300-win-mag-ss-26in-5-r-threaded-barrel-85508-047700855080.aspx

I have that rifle brother it's super nice. love the 5Rs! I had it bedded to about an inch in front of therecoil lug and it really started to shoot well. Was running 220 SMKs, but I'm switching over to the 230 Berger target hybrid. It's a whole 1 bc better then the Sierras(.629) Berger (.749) might not be exact but it's close best I could do with out the boxes. Do it brother!

Hey, Jon!!!  Check THIS out!!!  <lmao>

Yup...was already fanagling.

I'll need the LA version as well - want to build up the 338 Lapua Mag with it.  Don't have it now, won't have it for awhile, but this is the one I want:

Can't find much on it out there, because it's not in Remington's catalog, or website:

http://www.impactguns.com/remington-700-milspec-300-win-mag-ss-26in-5-r-threaded-barrel-85508-047700855080.aspx

Consider it a MRAD trainer.