• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Shepherd scopes

• 3 weeks later...

That's very noble of you, 98 :)

So that's a no on the Shepherd Scope? My dad wants optics that'll hold up on the .45-70, and got his hopes up with all their .50 BMG talk. Say, you've got a .45-70, right, 98?

I'm intentionally trying to kill a mini red dot on my 45-70 right now.  I bought it just to see if it would live - and so far it is.  I'll put more through it this Sunday.  <thumbsup>

Anyone have any experience with Shepherd scopes?  Thanks.

I have 2 of them, both P2's set for the Sierra Match King 168 gr. at 2700 fps.  One is a 3.5X10.5, the other is a "varmint" 6X18.

They are great scopes and worth every penny.  I have had zero problems with them.  Others I have shown them to love the features built into these scopes.

• 6 months later...

I have actually bought back one I originally owned in the early 2000's....  The friend that sold it back to me actually owns I think, give or take four of them. He likes him so much he even put them on his 22 LR rifles. He has never had any problems or issues with them losing zero, or holding zero. And when I used to own  the scope it gave me zero problems, and in the intervening years it gave him zero problems, and I fully expect zero problems in the future with it.

Mine will be going on top of my APF carbine (mounted with some quick detach rings) just in case I want to make longer than 300 to 400 yard shots. The reticle fits  how I like using a scope very well,    as I prefer iron sights for anything under 300 yards.