• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

308 Ar Appreciation Giveaway Recomendations

beachmaster

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say that this is hands down the best forum that I am on, or have ever been on. I have received so much support from you guys, as well as valuable input. So I want to say thanks.

To show my appreciation, I want to do a giveaway, but I think a competition is in order. Pictures must be involved, but I am looking for ideas.

Some ideas that I am throwing around include-

1- show an unusual way that you had to use the sling in the bush

2-describe an unexpected way that one of my slings helped you while in the bush

3-show the kinds of abuse your sling takes while in the bush

etc etc etc

For instance, while unsuccessfully deer hunting this year, while climbing way up into a tree with my 308 on my back, I realized that I wasn't going to be able to get up on the odd branch that I had decided to perch myself on. So I was able to unbuckle my sling easily, rotate my rifle around, buckle it to the branch I was climbing onto, get onto the branch, then unbuckle my rifle and get myself situated. It was a sketchy and uncomfortable place to be, and while up there for a butt numbing 3 hours, I nearly fell probably 5 times without taking a shot... Anyways, the ability to easily take my rifle off and clip it somewhere else was a huge plus for me, and one that I had never expected.

So I would like to hear your ideas about an appropriate competition. Ill post a picture of the sling that will be up for grabs when the guidelines are set. Please tell your forum friends, as anyone will be able to enter who wants to.

A few words of caution. Don't hurt yourself trying to win a sling, regardless of what we end up doing for the competition, and don't do anything illegal, and tell us about the illegality of it. I don't want you to put yourself out there for one of my slings. Whether or not what you do is legal is none of my concern anyways ;-)

A 308 Ar is not a requirement, but it would be cool to see. The only requirements are that there are pictures, a Beachin Tactical sling, and that you are a forum member. And that you have fun!

If this is a competition, and you need to tell a story, add pics, and get votes to win - then I'm going to get a deer, beaver, some other surprise guest of nature, the leftover tannerite, and make one hell of a combination with it.  I'll try to borrow a Corvette, a Peregrine Falcon, Red Bull, and girls in bikinis, too.  I don't know how I'll incorporate that yet, but it'll come to me...  <thumbsup>

It'll be better than Turtle Man - "This is LIVE ACTION!!!"   <lmao>

If this is a competition, and you need to tell a story, add pics, and get votes to win - then I'm going to get a deer, beaver, some other surprise guest of nature, the leftover tannerite, and make one hell of a combination with it. I'll try to borrow a Corvette, a Peregrine Falcon, Red Bull, and girls in bikinis, too. I don't know how I'll incorporate that yet, but it'll come to me... <thumbsup>

It'll be better than Turtle Man - "This is LIVE ACTION!!!" <lmao>

Pics of a beaver is always a winner...