• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The Interview

survivalshop

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they were Hacked , but the movie not being released because of a posable Terrorist attack I think is BS , they just want to use the Hack for publicity to hype there dumb ass movie .

For the record, SS called this one right outta the gate.  This is exactly what happened, and he NAILED IT...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/12/26/interview-release-marked-by-capacity-crowds/

Semi-related note. Bunch of Grinches decide to "hack" the Sony Playstation Network and Xbox Live starting Xmas eve with a DDoS attack (the network attack equivalent to a billy club or a sledge hammer). Both services are intermittently down and we have millions of disappointed kids who can't play with their brand new game consoles they got for Xmas.

.....and I don't get to go pick on Xmas noobs either. :(

Yup that was my initial suspicions. NK was just a convenient Patsy that IT security "professionals" could point a finger at because they can't determine who really did it due to their own stupidity and incompetence.

I'm pretty sure its an ex-Sony employee, or one who was still an employee at the time of the hacks who knew he was going to be part of the layoffs. there are certain details in the actual code - hardcoded file paths + passwords, etc that make it lean that way, plus its pretty obvious the intent was to embarrass Sony in the data release. None of the original hackers emails said anything at all about the interview, it was only after the suspicion of it being from NK came up that they mentioned the movie.