• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ohio anyone...okay Buckeyes?

LTCFB118

• 3 months later...

New to the forum and from Ohio.  About 20 miles east of Columbus.  Looking to learn about building an AR and start building one soon.

Gotta be Pickerington, Pataskala, somewhere close to there... 

Nope...GO BLUE! <thumbsup>

Ah, now you went and did it...   :bat: :fawkdance:  You know a wolverine is a retarded groundhog, right?...  <lmao>

Ohio buckeye (Aesculus glabra) is a slow-growing, round-headed tree. Yup...that sounds about right...slow growing and round headed...

The flowers are creamy yellow and lack fragrance. I think they missed the mark here because most buckeyes I know have a rather pungent odor. :fawkdance:  <lmao>

Before anyone goes getting all butt hurt...this is all in jest; friendly banter. I have a few friends that graduated from there.

..and they still claim you?...   <lmao>

I knew you were kidding when you said you have friends... :D

It must be because of my power and influence <lmao>

Or...it could be my charm, wit, dashing good looks...nah, they probably only use me for my toys :D

NO 98...not YOUR jelly dong type toys <lmao>

No I did not disappear just enjoying the Ohio/Michigan comments.  Good to see everyone gets along pretty well here.  <laughs>  <lmao>

We get along fine, until those Michigan bastards start making wiseass comments...  :fawkdance: :banana:

It's those pompous canadian professional gunsmiters that are the real a$sholes, though...  :))

We get along fine, until those Michigan bastards start making wiseass comments...  :fawkdance: :banana:

I know...I do my best to use short, easily understood words because of the Ohio State brown eye fans here...don't wanna kunfuse dem :fawkdance:

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Buckeye71 said:

Hello fellow Buckeye. I am new to the .308ar site as well as a first time .308 AR10 rifle owner living in western Alabama. Just bought the new Savage MSR 10 Long Range. But OHIO is in my DNA.

Welcome to the site. You have a .308AR, not an AR10. So you know and understand AR10 is an Armalite rifle with its own pattern. It is not compatible with .308AR DPMS patterned parts, so we try to avoid using that designation for our rifles to avoid confusion for those searching for correct information. You are the first here with a Savage so feel free to start your own thread with pictures and range reports.

Hey Edgecrusher.

I thought about what you were saying. I admit I am a newbie. I didn't the difference the 2 even I'd seen the Armalite; DPMS words before. I just thought they were brands. Like the history of Armalite Co. and the AR15, 1960's M16. So I read AR15.com posts about the key differences.

Thanx.

No worries, man. It happens.  The real confusion comes in from the aftermarket manufacturers... Seriously.

THEY don't know the difference, or they ignore it.  You'll find alot of parts that are deliberately advertised as "AR-10" this and that, and they're directly DPMS-based parts.  They would not really work in an Armalite AR-10.  Also, once the mortal man realizes that there really is a difference, they also realize that the most prolific pattern is the DPMS-based pattern - and you intentionally don't search for "AR-10 parts" because you know they won't / don't function as they should in a DPMS-based boomstick.  You'd intentionally, in an informed manner, over look some real parts that WOULD work - if the manufacturer advertised their shiit correctly... 

This is the world we live in...   We can only try to help. 

We can't stop them, we can only hope to contain them...  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

Oh, forgot. Just finally got around to breaking down my .308AR (hey, hey) and cleaning it after watching Reid Heinrich's youtube posts on 1st time/newbie AR15s. This Savage MSR 10 of mine was tight to break down (the BCG). Like teenage Amish chick tight. I guess it was positive thing but took too long. Thanksgiving holiday was perfect time for it. Probably added a little too much lube to BCarrier post cleaning.