• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Suggested Barrel Configurations

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Unforgiven, I believe that's the first request we've received for a 14.5" rifle length barrel. If a market develops for barrels in that particular configuration, then we would be happy to look into adding that option if we can reduce the length and still have enough room to fit the gas block.. Feel free to spread the word, and when enough folks get onboard we'd be happy to get those barrels into production!

In response to survivalshop, I know we put the prints together for a 16" rifle length barrel and sent the first batch out to production, but I'm not sure what the ETA will be (we'll have to test some samples to properly size the gas port diameter).

Edited by criterionbarrels

Thanks for you'r reply brother.I would like to have a .308/7.62  14.5 barrel w/target crown and AAC breakout device to come out to 16.1 overall lenght.

Not trying to be douche but I never really understood the 14.5 infatuation with 5.56 let alone a 308 battle rifle. I was always of the thought that pinned and welded anything was effing worthless.

Like I said...not dogging ya just don't understand; particularly with the 308 platform. Doesn't a barrel that short limit the velocity achievable? If so, wouldn't anyone that wanted a 30 caliber weapon with a short barrel just opt for the 300 Blackout which is designed to function better at those shorter barrel lengths?

Just trying to understand my man.

It's about the look brother,here is my 14.5 in 5.56.It has a Battle Comp compensator that is pinned on.Mid-gas.I want the same lenght in .308/7.62 cause I can.If rifle lenght is going to be a problem,mid-gas is ok to.Same setup with full handguard.Should be good for 500-600 yrd. range.I have a Rock River Standard Operator w/ Battle comp to push that pill a little farther. ^-^  Just a game of inches.14.5 will push out far enough for the runners.

post-12375-0-12823700-1426469316_thumb.j

Edited by unforgiven

Rene, you are not going to get a rifle gas system on a 14.5" .308 barrel, brother.  I hate to break that to you - I've been watching the posts, and I understand your hardon.  It's not gonna happen, brother.  I hate to be a dick, but it is what it is.   <lmao>

I'm turning a mid-gas Rainer .308 barrel into a 13.7" barrel, so I can pin it to 16" minimum legal requirement.  I will document this and give you pics. 

God DAYUM, you are stubborn...  <laughs>

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...