• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SI Defense 300 Win Mag

D.R.D.

Totally!

Looks like 300WM might go the same direction as .308 in the AR:

SI-Defense / Nemo = DPMS (Some parts compatible)

Miller Precision 300 Guardian = Aramlite (it is compatible with many AR-10 parts)

Noreen ("Bad News") = Outlier (like RRA)

Given the amount of new .308 receivers....y'never know what might become available!

SI-Defense, NEMO and SWORD Int are going to blow the competition away this year. If others don't start making adjustments to their design,they will be left behind in technological advances.

Where SI-D and NEMO make excellent hunting and target shooting rifles. SWORD makes a 100% battle monster.

All of their rifles have ultimately maximized the ability and performance of the AR platform rifles. From .223 to .308 to .300WM to .338LM... And many others in between... they are all phenomenal in design and function.

SI-defense is also going to be releasing a multi caliber platform that changes barrels called the Exodus.  I think it switches from .308 up to 338LM. 

When they do sell the receivers though, for the set, plus their 300WM sized BCG and mags, that alone will be at least 1K.  

SI-defense is also going to be releasing a multi caliber platform that changes barrels called the Exodus. I think it switches from .308 up to 338LM.

When they do sell the receivers though, for the set, plus their 300WM sized BCG and mags, that alone will be at least 1K.

They said at SHOT they weren't looking at the .338LM as of right now. They are looking at the .338 Win Mag though.

SI-D, NEMO & PROOF Research are all fans of the .338 caliber. Both the .338 Fed and the .338WM.

The .338LM would require them to make a whole new size receiver.

The .338LM would require them to make a whole new size receiver.

It's a damn big magazine, and damn big round.  I'd like to see the .308 Win and .338LM convertible, though.  Even with different receiver sizes needed, and different mag sizes needed...  It can be done.  Otherwise, the MRAD wouldn't be able to do it all, between .308 Win, .300 Win Mag, and .338 Lapua Mag.  It's possible.

Come to think of it - Ron...  grab some pics of Armalite .308 Win magazines compared to MRAD .338 LM magazines...  <dontknow>

It can be done. Otherwise, the MRAD wouldn't be able to do it all, between .308 Win, .300 Win Mag, and .338 Lapua Mag. It's possible.

I saw the MRAD in all shapes and sizes at SHOT. The magazine loaded the rounds to the front of the mag, with the smaller OAL mags having an extra thick spine.

They can do it, but it won't be on the receiver they have now. The .300WM receiver will never fit the larger .338LM. They'd have to make a .338LM receiver and then make custom mags for the shorter rounds. I agree that it should be as easy as a upper (or just a barrel/bolt) swap. Just a lot of R&D $$$.... Colt kind of did this with their CM901.

Mags only hold 5 and they don't have them any bigger for that chassis.  5 is fine for this kind of stick though as far as I'm concerned...

Mine will also have a Vias Micro SS Muzzle Brake, 2.5lb trigger and the folding stock so I can fit it into the shorter, 8 inch deep pelican case they will cut out and ship it in with 1 spare mag.

I'm looking at a Nightforce for it and I'm hoping that I MIGHT be able to have the scratch for it by the time the rifle is ready.

I'm psyched.  This is actually my first "personally owned" bolt gun so I figured I try and do it right...

Add on the muzzle brake, the pelican case and the folder and it's a hair over 2k shipped.  I was pretty happy with the deal and I have to say guys, there is a guy I've been speaking with at Red Hawk Rifles who has been absolutely outstanding to communicate with.

I was actually looking at a Noreen for a while and although I prefer not to bash anyone, communications were not what I would hope for from a company I was considering doing business with.  When I lost faith there, I ended up broadening my thought patterns a bit and ended up over at Red Hawk and I've got to say, "Les Szabo", my only contact point, has been simply outstanding to talk with.

He answers every single question, works with you on little details, makes adjustments to work orders at a moments notice and was just a great guy to communicate with either via email or on the phone.

Having someone out front like him certainly does instill confidence in a customer and I have every confidence that they will be there for me if I should need them.

The whole deal has gone just as anyone could have hoped at this point.