• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SS's New Build

survivalshop

Older used 308 AR Receivers , but new other parts .

Early CMMG , Billet Lower Receiver 

SI Defense , Gen II , Billet Upper Receiver 

DPMS Chrome BCG

Criterion 18.5" , SS , Nitrated , Rifle Gas system ,Barrel

Mech Armor Defense system , Trigger Module

Jp , FF Hand Guard ( moving it from my 16 " , because it was on the SI Defense originally & also the Rail heights Match  & I ordered a MI , SS Gen 2 for the 16" )

Magpul ,MOE rifle stock , DPMS rifle Buffer & Spring .

I installed the Trigger Module the day I got & just waiting for the rest of the Parts from Brownells .

post-11255-0-53034500-1436052841_thumb.j

Had to lift the front of the Module , to insert the Safety

post-11255-0-34748800-1436053022_thumb.j

This is for Robcop , I know he likes to see the name 

post-11255-0-80102500-1436053141_thumb.j

Trigger Module fits nice & snug in this Billet Receiver.

post-11255-0-39900100-1436053290_thumb.j

With the SI Defense Upper 

post-11255-0-88620400-1436053412_thumb.j

Edited by survivalshop

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a bunch of stuff from Brownells yesterday , one thing that is interesting is the Strike Industries Dust cover , I like it & will probably never buy another MilSpec std Dust cover . I like how it has 308 imprinted or molded on the cover also . I got it in black , they have other colors & different configurations . I just got the std one , but it was easy to install & can easily be removed if needed , but I don't think I have ever removed one after it was initially been installed .  

I'l post some photo's here after I down load them. 

Got a bunch of stuff from Brownells yesterday , one thing that is interesting is the Strike Industries Dust cover , I like it & will probably never buy another MilSpec std Dust cover . I like how it has 308 imprinted or molded on the cover also . I got it in black , they have other colors & different configurations . I just got the std one , but it was easy to install & can easily be removed if needed , but I don't think I have ever removed one after it was initially been installed .  

I'l post some photo's here after I down load them.

Those things are pretty good, especially for how cheap they are. Sure beats buying V7 dust cover parts for a lightweight build too.

I also installed the Magpul rifle stock & removed the JP , VTac Hand Guard from my 16'bbl. rifle & installed a Midwest  SS gen 2 to match the Uppers on both rifles , since the Tactical Machining Upper I installed on the 16" was a low pro..

Strike Industries , Dust Cover

post-11255-0-12805700-1436647288_thumb.j

post-11255-0-21832900-1436647363_thumb.j

post-11255-0-74034400-1436647457_thumb.j

Magpul rifle stock , I also like this & will not use another A1/A2 stock .

post-11255-0-15043100-1436647550_thumb.j

DD Brake 

post-11255-0-73937700-1436647747_thumb.j

Vltor Gas Block 

post-11255-0-53644700-1436647839_thumb.j

Now all I need is my Criterion 18.5" bbl. & I be busting caps . <thumbsup>

My 16" with new Midwest Hand guard , I have to shoot some to see how I like it . I'm also going to see how the QR rings work , going back to zero ,because the scope was sorta in the way .

post-11255-0-90517500-1436647644_thumb.j

Just got the Strike Industries dust cover in FDE, and get this...used my ebay credit to buy it!

A little flimsy and the fit isn't the best, needs some off around the top edge and the bottom hinge portion rubs until it is about half closed, I think the spring tension moves it around some. Can't say I'd recommend it but maybe it will break in.

Edited by jtallen83

I emailed SI and then went to check ebay but the item was removed from my purchase list with a note to contact ebay if I have problems and the seller doesn't carry it any longer.....makes me think it may have been a knock off <dontknow> . The packaging looks the same ......knew I should have ordered from Primary Arms instead.......

post-12531-0-06292800-1436669356_thumb.jpost-12531-0-44423600-1436669363_thumb.j

Could be the "capsule pattern" makes it feel weaker, maybe just some fitting will do it, I tend to be a bit anal about these things..........

Edited by jtallen83

Mine fits perfectly, better than the standard steel ones on my baby AR's, though I got the smooth black one like SS.  I will say it beats having to remove the barrel nut to take off/install the dust cover, and it seems like it's holding up pretty well so far.   For $14.50 from Primary Arms, I cant complain:

https://www.primaryarms.com/Strike_Industries_Enhanced_308_Ultimate_Dust_Cove_p/si-ar-udc-e-308-01-bk.htm

Learn something new every day

The patent pendingUDC (Ultimate Dust Cover) is the easiest to install, best sealing , lightest and quietest port door cover available! The SI AR-UDC-E is the first quick disconnect ejection port cover featuring an internal lip which provides a better seal against the elements (True Seal Technology). It is constructed out of a high density polymer material making it more durable and functional than the traditional dust covers. The uniqueinternal detent rod design enables users to attach and detach the cover in 5 to 10 seconds with ease. Features an adjustable detent set screw in order to compensate wear on the receiver and increase or decrease opening power.There are multiple designs to choose from to customize your AR!

98 , didn't you have a guy that had a Upper that the catch for the DC was worn & wouldn't hold ?  I see this feature is not on the std AR15 version , but they have an enhanced one that does & the 308 ones all have it .

Edited by survivalshop

Yep, and the guy was too cheap to buy this 5.56 version and try it out.  I was gonna buy it just to try it, but told him I'd cut his stock ejection port rod to take his non-fitting one off, rather than take apart his upper.  I told him I'd give him the new cover if it works. 

He didn't want to do it...   <dontknow>

EDIT - Matrix sticks that little gem right in the back of the FCG pocket, where the lug on the upper will contact it - easy tensioning device, and pretty damn smart.  <thumbsup>

post-7-0-20916800-1436719618_thumb.jpg

Edited by 98Z5V

I guess I will have to take some measurements to see what size would be appropriate for the Lower receiver . What size is in that Matrix ?

Now the biggest question , does it make a difference & I don't mean does it just mean it tightens up the Receivers . It would have to help the function , accuracy or service life of the rifle . Otherwise its just gimmick. <dontknow>