• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My new LR-308 Oracle

Since I have yet to see a completely stock Oracle I figured I would post mine fresh out of the box. Opening a brand new rifle box, is kind of like a birthing event. It sure puts a :) on your face.

WP_20151230_13_30_37_Rich.thumb.jpg.c382

Millett SP-1 mounted, it didn't add much weight at all. Only thing I now need is a front sling mount and sling and another magazine. Maybe a UTG drop in slim line forend and JP trigger springs down the road. Time to break it in. That .223 really looks small next to the .308 on the Magazine. LOL

WP_20151230_14_58_42_Rich.thumb.jpg.ba90

Edited by beantown

Did the 20 round break in procedure today. Holy crap this ain't no 5.56 pea shooter. It does have some kick to it, unlike my AR-15. What a great gun to shoot. Yeah the break in is a pain in the proverbial behind. It has never taken my that long to shoot 20 rounds in my life. A few things I noted. Very little copper fouling with the first 5 rounds. Darn near nothing after that. I'm serious, more powder residue than anything.

I kept looking for copper residue and I was amazed at how little there was. I even had my friend look down the bore and he just looked at me and said "It's clean as a damn whistle.". I know it's was only 20 round but the rifle never missed a beat. And I ran 20w50 Mobil one full synthetic on the bolt carrier group. Who ever came up with that idea, my hat is off to them.  Great idea as the oil stays right where you put it.

I was only shooting at 50 yards as I only have the red dot on it at this time. After round number 15 the group tightened right up. Even my friend that was with me commented on it. We were changing targets every 5 rounds. It may have been me just getting used to the rifle. The last five were under 1/2" MOA so the rifle is doing what it should. I was shooting Remington 150 grain FMJ. I cleaned the rifle before I left to shoot and man what a pain. I took forever to get the bore clean from the factory test firing. What the heck is DPMS test firing these with?

Next up is a 1-4x30 scope, and JP trigger springs. No doubt this thing is one capable shooter. I am really impressed with it. Gawd why did I wait so long to buy one? Now I'm thinking about building a second upper. In what calber I don't know. I do know I'm hooked, and I am in love with the AR308 platform. I'm looking forward to the next mod to the rifle. This thing is an absolute hoot to shoot!

Shane

Rubber butt plate, Geissele trigger? maybe even a Timney drop in trigger, don't forget that Beachin sling and front sling swivel, and tank up on Federal LC ammo.

If I do a drop in, I want a single stage. And the Beachin and front sling swivel will be on the way shortly.

Edited by beantown

• 2 months later...

Sure is a grand Christmas present I agree. I got one just like it for Christmas 2015. Ditto the smile it puts on your face! I shot 308 AR's first though, so to me the 223's just feel ultra lightweight. Mine looks a lot different than it did out of the box $$$wellspent! ;)

Ive got 3 of em......Vance the owner is the best......just the best!!        Wash

Okay Wash guy, just how do we get to the Rough Justice group buy place where we can get some one . Go to the Rough Justice site or the Mech Armour? and is there a secret handshake, secret code number or what?

HELP!

Mrmac  thats it but if the deal is still on its cheaper than that...get ahold of Vance at Mech Armor and see if the rough justice group buy from our forum still can be had....its a hell of a trigger and their charging handle rocks too!  sure it will fit not a problemo    Wash

Mrmac  thats it but if the deal is still on its cheaper than that...get ahold of Vance at Mech Armor and see if the rough justice group buy from our forum still can be had....its a hell of a trigger and their charging handle rocks too!  sure it will fit not a problemo    Wash

I just talked to van today, I've had one on order since February 2 the builder is giving him the run around. He told me he'd refund me, but I told him I'd like one so I'll hold out alil longer. 

I just talked to van today, I've had one on order since February 2 the builder is giving him the run around. He told me he'd refund me, but I told him I'd like one so I'll hold out alil longer. 

I left a message on their website about our group buy for  the Rough-Justice 3/0 will see what he says

I left a message on their website about our group buy for  the Rough-Justice 3/0 will see what he says

I'm sure he'll tell you the same. 

As as for the group buy price I read that's why it now comes with a charging handle because the trigger builder said that's to low