TX380

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/19/2016 at 6:38 PM, TX380 said:

I'm looking for a company that makes a complete DPMS style upper assembly in 308 WIN for my LR308 lower.  It will be used for target shooting and hog hunting at ranges of no more than 400 yards.  I'd like to have a forward assist, dust cover, 16-18" barrel, and some kind of modular free float handguards.  I'm not interested in building it myself.  I've found a few companies selling stuff online, but can't find any reviews.  Does anyone have experience with Verifoce Tactical, AR15part.com, or arhuntingrifles.com?  Or can you recommend anyone else?  Thanks.

Will it fit is the problem, my real DPMS doesn’t interchange with much as theres no standard dpms style simple refers to the architectural differences over an AR10

365FBD1B-C7F0-443F-963D-288008524C1B.jpeg

I'm looking for a company that makes a complete DPMS style upper assembly in 308 WIN for my LR308 lower.  It will be used for target shooting and hog hunting at ranges of no more than 400 yards.  I'd like to have a forward assist, dust cover, 16-18" barrel, and some kind of modular free float handguards.  I'm not interested in building it myself.  I've found a few companies selling stuff online, but can't find any reviews.  Does anyone have experience with Verifoce Tactical, AR15part.com, or arhuntingrifles.com?  Or can you recommend anyone else?  Thanks.

Why not 224 valkyrie?

Or 300aac

• 6 months later...

I love the apf 308. Changed the trigger group to a cmc 2.5 lbs flat blade and an orange springco and a 5.3 oz heavy buffer. The rifle shoot better than I can and can handle 150 to 180 grain pills very professionally. Its above its value in terms of fit, form, function, and most importantly, accuracy. Sub moa with federal fusion 150. Actually shot 168 grain hornady superformance incredibly well but I recommend an adjustable gas block for that as it did have several fte's. Its a damn fine rifle indeed

9 minutes ago, harold said:

I love the apf 308. Changed the trigger group to a cmc 2.5 lbs flat blade and an orange springco and a 5.3 oz heavy buffer. The rifle shoot better than I can and can handle 150 to 180 grain pills very professionally. Its above its value in terms of fit, form, function, and most importantly, accuracy. Sub moa with federal fusion 150. Actually shot 168 grain hornady superformance incredibly well but I recommend an adjustable gas block for that as it did have several fte's. Its a damn fine rifle indeed

@haroldi'm sorry, what brand of semi-auto 308 is "apf"?  I thought maybe Aero Precision, but they don't have an "f" in their name?