• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

starting my first build

Tony b

I finally got my aero upper and lower today, and can't wait to get started on my build. I am going for a rifle length stock, with a 16 inch barrel.this rifle would be used for range use, and hunting kind of a all around rifle.

This will have to be bought Johnny cash style lol, I am trying to figure out which buffer and extension to get, and who actually has one in stock. I was thinking of using the mogpul moe rifle stock, and thats as far as I can get right now.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RIfle-length buffer components for it, then, with that stock.  Rifle-length buffer components don't usually present a fitment or function problem in these rifle, so brand shouldn't present you an issue.  It's the same receiver extension as for AR15s, just a different buffer and spring for the 308 rifle configurations.  Some carbine-length components don't work well together on certain builds.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my build so far, aero upper and lower, aero lower parts kit, armalite buffer,tube,and spring,aero bcg, and mech defense charging handle. Not sure on the barrel and handguard and muzzle brake yet, was wanting a sixteen inch barrel, I was surprised already how heavy it is.

image.jpeg

Edited by Tony b

1 hour ago, Tony b said:

There is a gap between the stock and the back of the action, and I was wondering if I was missing a piece there not sure.

Should have a plate there, I've never used a stock like that so idk if it's needed but it looks like this 

*****this ones for an ar15 just using for ref

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, survivalshop said:

Its not needed on a Rifle Stock system ,, Thats for a Collapsable Stock system  , but a Spacer may be needed at the end of the Receiver Extension inside the Stock , with a longer Stock attachment screw for the A2 stock , if thats what this one is . 

Learned somthing new thanks ????

Is there a consensus on generally what the right rifle length buffer and spring set up is for these non Armalite guns?

I ask in hopes of sparing myself having to buy bins full of buffers and springs needlessly.

I realize it's all about tuning to the gas - mass - and spring, and I will be running 175gr Federal Gold Medal Match ammo.

I've always liked Sprinco and would like to support Alan, and I was considering Slash's AR10R-XH Heavy Buffer.

What say you all?

Bought the Tubbs Flat Wire AR10 Spring, thanks for that recommendation, looks like a cool product!

So are we talking just a basic 308 AR buffer from like Brownells or whatever?

This gun will be more of a mid-long range precision set up as opposed to a run and gun or HD thing, will have a rifle length stock and gas system on a longer barrel, length TBD, whatever the barrel guys tell me will work best.

I hope I'm not thread jacking here Tony, but thanks for letting me hitch a ride.

The Tubb's Flat wire spring will work with a DPMS 308 type Buffer , in this case a 308 Rifle Buffer . Now you might ask these Armalite owners if there is a AR 10 specific 308 Buffer for the Armalite Rifle Receiver Extension , the Tubb's Spring should work with both types of rifles .

I just own & work on junk DPMS  Rifles :lmao:

Edited by survivalshop

52 minutes ago, RRS said:

Bought the Tubbs Flat Wire AR10 Spring, thanks for that recommendation, looks like a cool product!

So are we talking just a basic 308 AR buffer from like Brownells or whatever?

This gun will be more of a mid-long range precision set up as opposed to a run and gun or HD thing, will have a rifle length stock and gas system on a longer barrel, length TBD, whatever the barrel guys tell me will work best.

I hope I'm not thread jacking here Tony, but thanks for letting me hitch a ride.

Yeppers an AR308 rifle buffer   18" on the barrel max                        Wash

Edited by washguy