• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Big Trouble

98Z5V

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 8:54 AM, Sisco said:

Even though this is a 308AR Forum, and the best one, maybe we should have a section devoted to M1A's M14's and M1 Garands? Call it the Service 30's or something like that?

Don't. Another so-called M14 forum is made up of some of the nastiest, self-congratulatory posters I've ever read. I left that one. The CMP forum opened up a section devoted to the M14, and many of those same a$$holes migrated to that with their same bile. I love the M14, but so many of the self-proclaimed "M14 experts" are just trolls and jerks. Don't bring them here.

I have posted about my long time love of the Garand M1 and M14/M1A rifles. However as a  new (2014) 308LR rifle owner, I have acquired a new respected and love object.

I say keep this site like it is we don't need a new section for M1/M14/M1A platform rifles. 

If you love those rifles more than AR10s and 308ARs  leave here and go over to the Darkside. You decide.

I will stay.

Edited by mrmackc

47 minutes ago, mrmackc said:

I have posted about my long time love of the Garand M1 and M14/M1A rifles. However as a  new (2014) 308LR rifle owner, I have acquired a new respected and love object.

I say keep this site like it is we don't need a new section for M1/M14/M1A platform rifles. 

If you love those rifles more than AR10s and 308ARs  leave here and go over to the Darkside. You decide.

I will stay.

I  agree...we dont need a subforum !   keep it like she is      Wash

2 hours ago, mineralman55 said:

Don't. Another so-called M14 forum is made up of some of the nastiest, self-congratulatory posters I've ever read. I left that one. The CMP forum opened up a section devoted to the M14, and many of those same a$$holes migrated to that with their same bile. I love the M14, but so many of the self-proclaimed "M14 experts" are just trolls and jerks. Don't bring them here.

Nothing is worth bringing those types around.

52 minutes ago, Sisco said:

With the distance you can cover with that, any thoughts on the glass? Guessing Leopold or Night Force.

You be shocked, man - I'm starting with this, until I can outshoot it and need more...

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-4-14x44mm-riflescope-acss-r-grid-reticle-pa4-14xffp-r-grid

13 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

You be shocked, man - I'm starting with this, until I can outshoot it and need more...

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-4-14x44mm-riflescope-acss-r-grid-reticle-pa4-14xffp-r-grid

I shouldn't be, I should have guessed that first.  You recommended me to Primary Arms a couple of years ago for a Red Dot and I ended up getting a Lucid from them which I liked a lot. You have always said they have good stuff. For what it is worth, I couldn't out shoot that scope in a hundred years. But I have 68 year old eyes and nothing can change that. When you get it put together that is gonna be a long distance tack driver. :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

An LGS just got some Savage Axis bolt guns in. A digital camo stock, bull barrel, a Bushnell 4x12 scope, chambered in either 6.5 Creedmore, or 308 for $399! With a $50 factory rebate! The only thing saved me is they are right handed only and I am a lefty! Otherwise I would be a 6.5 Creedmore owner.

2 hours ago, Sisco said:

An LGS just got some Savage Axis bolt guns in. A digital camo stock, bull barrel, a Bushnell 4x12 scope, chambered in either 6.5 Creedmore, or 308 for $399! With a $50 factory rebate! The only thing saved me is they are right handed only and I am a lefty! Otherwise I would be a 6.5 Creedmore owner.

Coy, one of our RSOs, has one of these.  He loves it!