Jump to content
308AR.com Community
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Brownells
  • Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide
shepp

Head lamps

Recommended Posts

Anyone use one? My old cheapie broke so I'm looking for a new one, would like it to have a red light setting on it, looking to spend around 50$ other than that pretty open.

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been using a petzl for years! Not sure of the model i have but it comes with changable lenses. The main beam is white then you can slide the lens of color over the main beam. Two fer. I think there was a blue/ red/ green. I run the green for ducks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nightcore is my durable choice for work or camp. Might be a tad over 50$ but well worth it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who still buys the cheapo $5 LED that clips to the bill of your cap? I have one on my hunting/camp cap and another one clipped onto my backpack. Admittedly, they aren't the best. Hell, they're not even close to decent. What I use them for, they're perfect. 

I almost bought the new USB recharging series from Streamlight.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Energizer headlamps from Wal-Mart. Been using them for alotta years now.  They go tits-up, and it's not the batteries, then it's easy to get the next replacement. Must have red-light capability...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ended up buying a 23$ bushnell from Walmart. I like it so far, batteries are on the back so it's not front heavy, has a hi low white light, red and the a blood tracking light. idk how good it is because I know they used to be pretty pricy, but It wasn't a feature I was looking for so it's just an added bonus 

 

Robo, used to have those before the lamps got popular never were bright enough for me. 

IMG_4463.JPG

Edited by shepp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, shepp said:

Ended up buying a 23$ bushnell from Walmart.

I've got 3 of their flashlights.  All 3 are the white/red/blood tracking. I think I bought the first one in 2013. They're holding up well.  You made a good buy.  :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During the Holidays take a look at the promotional aisles in the front of a Home Depot. They have a ton of different LED types in the 2 for $8 up to the $25 dollar range. Some of them are really powerful! I buy three or four a year there and give a pack to my son and distribute the others to my cars, hunting pack, etc. Replace the batteries they come with though, they are crap! I probably have 10 or 15 floating around here now. When they break, I just find another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sisco said:

During the Holidays take a look at the promotional aisles in the front of a Home Depot. They have a ton of different LED types in the 2 for $8 up to the $25 dollar range. Some of them are really powerful! I buy three or four a year there and give a pack to my son and distribute the others to my cars, hunting pack, etc. Replace the batteries they come with though, they are crap! I probably have 10 or 15 floating around here now. When they break, I just find another.

I'll have to look into that I carry a mini mag light on my hip for work, I've had two crap out on my in a year or so 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stopped today, picked up two 100 lumen cheapos for $9.99 for both. Got a 150lumen spot for $14.99 and they also had a 250 lumen spot headband for $29. Already have a couple of those so I didn't buy. The 150 is going in my ATV box for Deer Season, and the other two are going in my wife's car and the Vette.They also have a ton of LED flashlights. Can you tell I am a flashlight junkie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, planeflyer21 said:

Dang JJ, 820 lumens in a crawl space?!  Aren't you worried about starting someone's house on fire?

Lmao........it get the job done 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2016 at 7:10 PM, shepp said:

Ended up buying a 23$ bushnell from Walmart. I like it so far, batteries are on the back so it's not front heavy, has a hi low white light, red and the a blood tracking light. idk how good it is because I know they used to be pretty pricy, but It wasn't a feature I was looking for so it's just an added bonus 

 

Robo, used to have those before the lamps got popular never were bright enough for me. 

IMG_4463.JPG

Follow up I went duck hunting this morning ????, Except the red was kinda dim........ another thing is buttons are impossible with gloves and stif in the cold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2016 at 5:56 PM, shepp said:

Follow up I went duck hunting this morning ????, Except the red was kinda dim........ another thing is buttons are impossible with gloves and stif in the cold

More important, get any ducks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sisco said:

More important, get any ducks?

No ? Snow storm moved them, but they were moving like a scaled dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JJ109 said:

http://www.fenix-store.com/headlamps/

Just throwing this out there. I have a PD35 tac flashlight on one of my AR's. One of the best flashlights i own. Didnt know they made headlamps. Probably my next headlamp when needed. Checked them out if your really looking for top quality lighting. 

Forgot about Fenix.  Just looked and am pretty impressed with all the AA and AAA options for lighting now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice JJ, their "hunter model" has what I'm looking for might pick one up after Christmas I can always throw the one I got now in my fishing kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot about fenix also! I Bought one for the vet 2 years ago. Hes not much of an acessory guy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...