• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fostech

JJ109

6 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

why do you need to double tap? hit them with the first round with even just a spitwad and you will have plenty of time to take an accurate shot with good form like the first should be.

Why not have a quick double tap or 2 round burst? 

Two rounds into anything is better then one:thumbup:

the trigger pull seems a little on the heavy side. Articles i have read on it saying the trigger pull is less then that video i posted.  

So JJ you are out in the woods mag dumping and doing some echo bursts on the echo position...someone complains bout machine gun fire they hear way over in the woods...lol or a LEO hears it while on patrol

Can you stand the ride? Cause when the game warden/high sheriff/local popo come over to see what the ruckus is ...your day of fun is gonna turn south.So, when the law enforcement takes a look at your weapon and see's the safety lever go to the third position it will be game over...I dont care whether you a got a personal letter and stamp from J. Edgar Hoover ...you are gonna take a ride...cause the officer is gonna let the system figure this out...your BATF letter that you got from the trigger folks wont mean squat...you be in the back seat ,and the "machine gun" be in the trunk.... Truth

machine gun emoticon     Wash

Wash that may be true when you do that type of shooting,  but i have never done any mags dumps. :thumbup:I have shot rapid fire 2 or 3 rounds but thats it. Its controlled. :fullauto:

AR as for " slapping a quick 2nd round " really doesnt sound like its uncontrolled when its very natural movement when firing a weapon cause your getting your 2nd round just by releasing the trigger.:cool:

The only thing with this tigger if the pull is actually over 5lbs then its not going to be a precise shooting trigger.........

double taps and speed shooting is cool and all, and if you do it correctly with practice as jtallen pointed out, you can have proper form and good control. what I was pointing out is it will effect muscle memory of shooting longer distances if you do not train both, so you use double the rounds to get that muscle memory for both types of shooting. and something else I was pointing out is one accurate round will give you plenty of time to send another accurate one down range same as if you were shooting at longer distances. the third thing I pointed out, is that most people don't train enough, so at least 99% of people that were to use this would probably not have proper trigger control or that muscle memory.

I wasn't trying to downplay professional shooters like Jerry, but lets face it, he's a professional that practices a lot.

This is strictly range stuff for fun in my opinion. when it comes to actually having to use one of these weapons, you aren't going to probably be 10 yards away and you probably are gonna take cover.

If a fun range toy is what you want, by all means go for it. but practicality beyond getting a woody from the smell gun powder and filling a target full of holes is none in my eyes.

"This is strictly range stuff for fun in my opinion. when it comes to actually having to use one of these weapons, you aren't going to probably be 10 yards away and you probably are gonna take cover. "

OR     you might say      "Hands up dont shoot! "  :laffs:    Wash

I might add Im in Texas...and there is no, and im saying not one range within 100's of miles that allow rapid fire and not even double taps....theres a vid of me getting thrown out of a gun range on here for testing a hyperfire or a Geissele  trigger at an indoor range after the RO said I could....the security video team came out of a secret wall door and accosted me....well it was 3 not 2 shots....lol   private property is the ticket      

Edited by washguy

Most of you guys are forgetting that the trigger does have " semi auto " 

I forgot that most of everyone that shoots firearms just shoot as job. Oh i forgot most of us just shoot to practice self protection. 

Thats right no one shoot for fun anymore........ Shooting is just for serious people. :bitchslap:There is no way you can have a good time shooting. Wow come on. seriously lmao :laffs:

Those sort of sounds are an everyday occurrences around these parts, the local, state, and the feds don't bother anyone, so many people have tax stamps and recreational mag dumps are just par for the course, you know how us country folk like to cling to our guns and Bibles and all.... haha.

Lol. fair enough JJ. I just don't have the money to just have fun... I have kids. lol. if I did have the money to shoot like that though, I would want to shoot from a belt fed platform.

http://www.beltfedar.com/belt_feed_conversions/
https://fightlite.com/collections/belt-fed-uppers

a carbon fiber wrapped barrel to keep it cool would help too.

Wash, is this a build that should be liquid cooled? :hornet:

2 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

Lol. fair enough JJ. I just don't have the money to just have fun... I have kids. lol. if I did have the money to shoot like that though, I would want to shoot from a belt fed platform.

http://www.beltfedar.com/belt_feed_conversions/
https://fightlite.com/collections/belt-fed-uppers

a carbon fiber wrapped barrel to keep it cool would help too.

Wash, is this a build that should be liquid cooled? :hornet:

:laffs: yes with bovine urine...   Wash