• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Matt Cross, here's the Pistol Draw

98Z5V

2 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

Gotcha. Flat presentation, no scooping, no arching,

Exactly. That front sight post should be the first thing in your focus, on target, as you're going out, flat.  Front sight, front sight, front sight.  On target as soon as the front sight is in your view - you'll be flat, and have front/rear sight alignment by the time you're all the way out.  BANG.

Back in at your chest, right in your face- that's your workspace.  All reloads, clearing of/tending to malfunctions, and any time NOT on target happens in your workspace.  :thumbup:

We need a Mike Pistol Vid - he's the ArcFuckingMaster.  :banana:

I've taught "more finger" for these new striker fired pistols for years. The "finger tip pad" concept was great for single action marksmanship, with micro trigger pulls.  All these new longer trigger pulls  are requiring a new school of training. Larger and more controllable finger/hand muscles are ideal for these DAO/Striker fired fire arms

On 4/15/2017 at 6:55 PM, 98Z5V said:

Exactly. That front sight post should be the first thing in your focus, on target, as you're going out, flat.  Front sight, front sight, front sight.  On target as soon as the front sight is in your view -

Yup! I shot a club match in El Paso weekend before last and at the start of stage 2 I unintentionally touched one off on the draw before fully extended. Fukken right in the A zone! THAT is what a proper draw can do for you!