• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The Ultimate Spring/buffer combo

washguy

Today was a good day. I hadn't pulled a trigger in a while ,and ive still been grieving about our 500 yd range being shut down...100 yds just doesn't flip my trigger,but I got the urge to go shoot, and do nothing but swap buffers and springs around to find the softest/best combo for me at least. Oh Shepp....I got the primary arms 1x8 mounted....and of course then the LaRue shows up after everything was mounted ...so the larue coming in makes it a good day....but... I went to the range just down the road and shot one rifle with the Tubbs and KAK heavy buffer..it was okay on the recoil...Im a Tubbs fan and the  Tubbs is in most of my rifles...so then I shoot the hybrid...it has a Sprinco orange spring with a regular buffer...okay it had a tad more recoil...and its lighter too....so I take the KAK heavy and the Tubbs and put it in the hybrid...nope more recoil....put the Sprinco orange spring in with the KAK heavy buffer...there it is...best combo ive shot.....took that all out and put that combo in the new build...it doesn't have an adj, gas block...and it shoots nice...light recoil just like the other rifle......KAK heavy and an orange sprinco is "the ticket".....a good day too...so im leaving the range ,and talking to the RO lamenting about the Leonard range being closed,and he sez yep it was a good place, but now we have a 600yd range closer to town..SAY WHAT?  Yep its  off hiway 80 on Lawson road...I say noway that's Gibsons on Lawson rd,and it suks with only 100yd targets....he sez  no it aint Gibsons ....its    http://lonestargunclub.com/

A good day turned into a great day   Yippee    :banana:   Wash

6 hours ago, shepp said:

Better day than I had wash!!!!

my mount says it'll be here Saturday, ups must be handing it off to usps on Friday cuz they can't complete the job, I'm on call this weekend might try and hit the range next weekend 

This is the mount for your PA, to put on your ARAK?? I'm so excited for this. 

For the AR 15 , I have two of the Geissele Super 42 Spring & Buffer combo & the are the smoothest I have used to date . I have the set in my 25-45 Sharps & the set up in my Superlative Piston AR . Of course they are for Carbines , wish they would come out with a set up for 308's . 

I do find it hard to beat the Tubb's FW Spring , but there is something about this Braided Spring that makes it so smooth . Hell , it worked on the brass spiting MG 42 .

Edited by survivalshop

1 minute ago, shepp said:

Even better it's coming tomorrow :) 

yippee !    now for some bummed news...yesterday I was sighting in the new primary 1x8 with the ascc acss whatever...and I never could get a clear picture of the target even at 50 yds...I messed with the optical doodad at the end of the scope they say its to get the reticle clear...yeah okay but I went to no glasses shooting glasses my everyday glasses and the target never did get real crisp....so today I A &B the primary against the vortex 1x4x24 pst      well crap   this primary arms just plain suks maybe I got a dud?  its going back for a refund.....damn I was wantin this to be a killer deal oh well          :embarrassed:     Wash

18 minutes ago, blue109 said:

I figured it wouldnt be able to hang with the vortex...but sucks that its so much much worse. 

Blue    geez I was wanting the primary to be a good one...heck ive got their original aimpoints with magnifiers and they are pretty damn nice for what was it 69 or 89 bills?

thought I was going a lil nuts looking at the fifty yd green target and the red targets...just I guess fuzzy is the word..100 yds forget it...if I didn't have a buddy that's a vortex dealer I would try another primary ,but Ill  be getting a vortex   damn the bad luck!      :thumbup:     Wash

Call them.  On the phone.

You will probably get another sent before you have to send that one back.  It's a lifetime wtty on that scope, and they DO wtty them, no questions asked.

Something is up with that one...  Not common at all.

Think you got a dud wash!! Granted mines alil different than the one you got. I got the 1-6x24 .300/x39, I mounted it and tested it out my bedroom window (empty lot backed by corn) the tree line is a good 100yards and it looks crisp to me! And that's thru a dirty ass window and screen 

Edited by shepp

Well stupid me I didn't buy it from Primary arms...bought it from optical planet cause they had a 45 dollar discount for some reason....so the guy said send it back heres a free shipping label to print out and we will refund your money...no problem.......So if Yall are wondering why I didn't give em a second chance...I called my buddy who's a vortex dealer ...which I should have done in the first place.  I got caught up in the acss ascc whatever reticle.. that's all.Cause you can dip a primary arms scope in 24 kt gold ,and it still doesn't compare to a vortex . so I ask my buddy whats he pushin this week?  He tells me theres a new strike eagle 1x8 out....  I tell him it sukked remember I brought it back to you last year?  He sez this new one has got the pst glass in it just like the pst1x4 I have......he sez  bring that pst Monday over to my place and we will ab this new strike eagle 1x8 against the pst...and get this he sez only 4 bills for you my lil buddy....1x8 illuminated pst quality...okie dokie see ya Monday     Wash

Edited by washguy

I have one of the original Strike fires on my  300 BLK & I even Hunted with it on a 12 ga. Slug gun & no issues , what was the issue with yours . 

Also what are you getting for that $ 400 , the Strike fire II alone is not any where near there . Whats the Difference ?

Edited by survivalshop

2 hours ago, washguy said:

Well stupid me I didn't buy it from Primary arms...bought it from optical planet cause they had a 45 dollar discount for some reason...

Just so you know, PA doesn't care where you buy their glass from, and it doesn't matter if you're not the original purchaser.  :thumbup:

48 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

I have one of the original Strike fires on my  300 BLK & I even Hunted with it on a 12 ga. Slug gun & no issues , what was the issue with yours . 

Also what are you getting for that $ 400 , the Strike fire II alone is not any where near there . Whats the Difference ?

I didn't like mine, bothered my eyes looking thru it ran it on an ar and a shot gun ended up trading Jacob some slings for it. 

Well it seems as though either im a dumb azz or too many beers...don't answer that......first off it was the strike eagle 1x6 that I got from my vortex gun buddy. not a  strike fire...I don't even know how a came up with that name...lol.. I didn't like the illumination so he took it back and I got me a viper pst 1x4 more bucks much better optics....so I talked with him yesterday...and then again just now.....there is no strike eagle 2.... its just a new 1x8 strike eagle with a different reticle and better glass...they are closing out the strike eagle 1x6 and not going to offer them any more....so that clears that up.... I have no idea where I came up with strike fire...?  lol.....ill go edit my post on strike fire since ive never had one and don't even know if there is such a scope?            Wash

28 minutes ago, Sisco said:

My 1x6 PA is very crisp, Enough I could pick out the bullet strikes on my splatter targets without using the spotting scope. Sorry to hear about your problem Wash.

Thanks Sisco      im thinkin it was just a dud....never had this happen with a scope.so I was ready to call Eye Doc and make an appt.....lol        Wash

wash, are you returning the PA 1~8?...

I do specifically remember pushing you to try out a PA scope, and telling you that if you didn't like it, I'd buy it from you for your full price - I'll still do that.  If it'snot getting returned, and you're stuck with it, I'll do what I said.  :thumbup: