• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

How to edit posts?

acgeorge

You have 30 mins to edit your posts. 

This does not prevent you from quoting your original post and then posting an amendment to it. 

The reason behind this was to prevent stupid people, from deleting stupid posts, in an attempt to obfuscate how stupid they are. 

I like to immortalized the stupidity of others to forever be displayed on our walls of shame. They are often easily identifiable with the "banned" label below their names. 

48 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

You have 30 mins to edit your posts. 

This does not prevent you from quoting your original post and then posting an amendment to it. 

The reason behind this was to prevent stupid people, from deleting stupid posts, in an attempt to obfuscate how stupid they are. 

I like to immortalized the stupidity of others to forever be displayed on our walls of shame. They are often easily identifiable with the "banned" label below their names. 

That's AWESOME! This world is becoming devoid of all accountability these days. 

11 minutes ago, Boot_Scraper said:

On 7/29/2015 at 1:23 PM, Robocop1051 said:

You have voluntarily joined a brotherhood of like-minded men and women, of your own free will. We are all here to learn, teach and share on a topic that we all take pride in being part of. As a continuous and rapid growing community, we are in a constant struggle to maintain order and structure. We are a fluid group, as we attempt to keep up with a forever evolving subject matter. Even our name, 308AR, is archaic in that the rifle format has surpassed into more calibers, far beyond that of the original .308 Win.

Our community is small, but tighter than any other in existence. We have members who've traveled thousands of miles to just go shooting with another member. Mild acquaintances have evolved into strong family bonds that have invited attendance to graduations and coming-home events. We've seen members families off on deployment, and stayed around to welcome them home after a tour. A screen name is replaced by a real name, and added to a wedding guest registry. We've even mourned the loss of member after his passing. This kind of bond ONLY happens HERE.

All new comers are screened by our staff, not to separate, but to assist. A history of our forum, a description of our banter and antics and a warning of etiquette are commonplace for new comers who have trouble "fitting in" at first. A personal PM from our staff, combined with a warm welcome to the forum.

Understand that we have the expectation that as adults, you will act and react as an adult. While our shenanigans and tomfoolery may be childish, our morales and maturity must be unwavering.

No one is above this, and even our longest standing and greatest contributing members have been subject to correction and faced the wrath of a nine-fingered Yeti (you'll have to stick around to understand that inside joke). We do not attack, nor do we allow attacks, on our members... but if you shiit your pants, expect to be called out to explain yourself... and clean up your own mess.

We welcome all who wish to be a positive contribution to our growing family.

BUT...

IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE YOU'RE SHIIT OUT...

IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE HOW TO HANDLE A SITUATION, THAT IS LITERALLY JUST A BUNCH OF WORDS ON YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN...

IF YOU CAN'T SUCK UP YOUR PRIDE AND SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS FOR JUST A FEW MOMENTS AND COME TO THE UNDERSTANDING THAT YOU MAY NOT BE CORRECT...

IF YOU LACK THE COMMUNICATION SKILLS TO ACCURATELY ARGUE A POINT, WITHOUT RESORTING TO INSULTS, NAME-CALLING OR OTHER IDIOCY...

Kindly work your way towards the nearest exit and let yourself out. You will not be missed.

AND...

In the situation where one fails to take the gentleman's way out, your words and behavior are etched on our boards forever, never to be censored and to be forever a reminder to new comers. After the ban hammer drops, you will never again be able to rejoin our dinner table. Depending on the circumstances you might not even be able to view our pages again.

You, of all people, especially in this situation...

YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED.

It's all summed up right here

16 minutes ago, shepp said:

It's all summed up right here

I actually enjoyed reading that. 

This is really one of the better, closer knit firearms forums I've been a part of. I've been on about a month and have 87 post including this one. I've been on the "other" ar forum for 3 years plus and only posted about 40. 308ar "feels" welcoming for some reason. 

*No smoke was blown in the making of this post.

Edited by Boot_Scraper

9 minutes ago, Boot_Scraper said:

I actually enjoyed reading that. 

This is really one of the better, closer knit firearms forums I've been a part of. I've been on about a month and have 87 post including this one. I've been on the "other" ar forum for 3 years plus and only posted about 40. 308ar "feels" welcoming for some reason. 

*No smoke was blown in the making of this post.

I never intended staying here my first ar was a .308 I wanted to justify it back then, .556 meh can't take a deer with that gimme the big bore. Then the bug bit me now I'm a mod on my way to 10,000 posts. That post is 100% the truth I've meet a dozen or so members here we've helped out each other and others close to us even. This place is home to me, it's my cheers, it's my dive bar, I've told many that have a hard time fitting in, "you wouldn't walk into a dive bar and start flapping your lips to the regulars so don't do it here" ? I wish everyone would work out but it don't and in away that's what makes it great.

im glad you found us boot

On 8/12/2017 at 6:43 PM, Boot_Scraper said:

I personally try to make sure that doesn't happen here - sometimes to my own detriment.  Many of my "discussions" with a$sholes that have shown up in the past has led said a$sholes to modify their own posts, then cry to anyone that would listen...  that I was being a dickhead to them. I won't deny that - being a dickhead to them.  If they brought it, they then got served it.  Without pause or remorse, on my part.  No time to reflect, get it done.  In the words of a well-known Californian member, "I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger..."  :thumbup::laffs:

I've since attempted to change my ways,and become a little "kindler and gentler," as has been deemed upon me from higher.  My old ways were, "If I had a glass eye, I'd put it in a sock and beat your a$s with it..."

On 8/12/2017 at 8:05 PM, Robocop1051 said:

What loquacious bastard wrote that!

Fuk, you went there...   :laffs:   I hope @StainTrain is still using this vocab term in his AARs...   :lmao:

Edited by 98Z5V

21 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

In the words of a well-known Californian member, "I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger..."  :thumbup::laffs:

True story.... he just called me a few hours ago.  The MFer lives in AK now, and he says his COPD isn't effecting him the same. Says the fresh mountain air is doing him good. What are the fuckin chances???

PS. He spelled it "apon"

5 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

You still need to watch your 6.  Skin-Suit and all.  I'm just sayin'...   :laffs:

Lungs now too!!!

5 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

True story.... he just called me a few hours ago.  The MFer lives in AK now, and he says his COPD isn't effecting him the same. Says the fresh mountain air is doing him good. What are the fuckin chances???

PS. He spelled it "apon"

Probably shocked his body getting out of that shit Cali smog!!