• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Do you own a micrometer?

@Matt.Cross... @98Z5V... I'm calling you guys out first (mainly because I called R2 last night, so he's off the hook).

Anyone that wants to participate is welcome here. I'm trying to get an idea of the difference in measurements between lowers. This number could determine the compatibility when mixing uppers and lowers from different manufacturers.

measure.png 

I need both measurements "A" and "B". So far my numbers for measurement "A" shows AR-10B @ 1.61" and the LR308 @ 1.54".... I'd love to know your results. The B measurement could vary even more greatly (even with perfectly compatible receivers) due to the unpredictability of the 308AR receiver spec's.

Please list your make/model with your measurements.

1 hour ago, sketch said:

matrix 7.62

A: 1.570" (+/ - .002")

B: 2.277" 

Is this the Matrix with the angled-cut receivers, like an AR-10, or is this the new Matrix stuff with the rounded DPMS cut?

4 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Is this the Matrix with the angled-cut receivers, like an AR-10, or is this the new Matrix stuff with the rounded DPMS cut?

not rounded dpms hi rail.

15272321663621960128888.jpg

Edited by sketch
Shits

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:21 PM, Robocop1051 said:

I am going to be using this information in the design of my lower receiver, so I can be as compatible as possible with all LR-308 style upper receivers. 

I haven’t forgot about you Ron. There’s still a possibility of an AR-10A  in the future 

Does that mean you're gonna give me an AR-10A? :laffs: All of mine are B's, but I'll always take a FREE rifle from a "friend" :lmao: