• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Glock 19 BBQ Build Challenge

Dane Armory

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The G24 build has parts coming in this week. The KKM barrel, TSA night sights and the unicorn part the extended gen2 slide lever release. The Gen 2  frame is assembled and ready to go. When I can get the TiN pins and hardware I will swap those parts onto the gun. Will post a picture next week.😁

The G24 build is almost there ! I swapped out to a 2pin Gen 2 extended slide lever release . Had to fit the barrel to the slide then installed a 15 lb SS recoil spring. Got the front sight installed but I am having issues with the slide height behind the dovetail cut. May have to get another rear sight. Also picked up a mag at Glockmeister. Going to shoot it this week at the shop.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got a G17 slide. Machine shop came through after a month of waiting. I assembled the slide after work then did a couple of function checks. Ordered Truglo sights should get those Sunday. Just need a holster and a magazine to complete this build. It's a gift for my father in law and it feels good to be able to give back considering all he has done for us.

5 hours ago, MikedaddyH said:

I finally got a G17 slide. Machine shop came through after a month of waiting. I assembled the slide after work then did a couple of function checks. Ordered Truglo sights should get those Sunday. Just need a holster and a magazine to complete this build. It's a gift for my father in law and it feels good to be able to give back considering all he has done for us.

What did you have done? Primary machine did my rmr cut on my 17. Highly recommend for anyone wanting some work done.

On 9/18/2020 at 5:42 PM, Radioactive said:

What did you have done? Primary machine did my rmr cut on my 17. Highly recommend for anyone wanting some work done.

The slide for the G17 is plain Jane. Put TruGlo Tritium sights on this morning. Got the holster yesterday, a kyldex IWB fro Amazon. And a Glock mag from Glockmeister yesterday. I will take a picture today and post it.

18 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Nice build. That thing is begging to be carried appendix.

Mikey could appendix a full-size 1911 - he has the "dick-room" in the jeans to hide one, unnoticed.  I'm not sayin' that I've looked, but he's packin' when he's not packin'...   :lmao:

Reminds me of this - hit it at 1:26 for the Full Glory:

8 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Mikey could appendix a full-size 1911 - he has the "dick-room" in the jeans to hide one, unnoticed.  I'm not sayin' that I've looked, but he's packin' when he's not packin'...   :lmao:

Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis, reincarnated and packing in the 21st century .....Maybe Dean will sing a new song!

15 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Those guys are a riot. I wish I could have as much fun at work as they seem to have. I could probably pull it off but after the monkeys flew out of the bosses ass I’d be fired - they got no sense of humor and we got too many that would be offended. 

If we can ever drag you out to a major shoot out here - you'd find that it's much the same way...   :lmao::thumbup:

The Shenanigans never stop, no matter what...   :banana:

On 9/21/2020 at 9:46 PM, 98Z5V said:

Your just jealous cause I don't have padding on my rock hard abs !