• Visit Sportsmans Guide

Glock 19 BBQ Build Challenge

Dane Armory

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/13/2020 at 3:42 AM, Radioactive said:

I did a long slide conversion on a G21. Didn’t like it. It felt all out of balance. Shot good though. I also did some modification to the frame and stippling. It was a good experience but I’ll not do another the same way. Here are a.couple of pics and a comparison to my other G21.

DABB475C-D54A-402F-AD6C-E0C12F837A39.jpeg

8B90254D-2AB0-4305-9620-014EC8D0A848.jpeg

C08EB3AD-47C6-45A1-B410-9902E92AFE6D.jpeg

I have the black and blue G35 feels very balanced . Just got lucky.

On 7/12/2020 at 8:15 PM, MikedaddyH said:

Starting a new build.... Long slide 40s&w ... Theme Gun !

Got the slide , Barrel is in the mail.

It will get a paint job , mag base plates and a gold pin set. 

Looking at a custom lower from a company based on the Colorado River near Vegas.

Got some anodized red and blue paints.

On 6/14/2020 at 9:46 PM, MikedaddyH said:

So I went to Lance's shop Saturday and fired two rounds in that G34 ... They did not eject. So today I replaced the Extractor with a OEM version. The Red Cerakoted generic gen 1-5 42,43,47,48 is now in the parts bin . I plan on ordering a Lone Wolf SS Extractor for this gun. I also worked the recoil spring, super stiff brand new. Going to try again this week.

Got a stainless steel guide rod and a 13 lb spring . The hopefully does the trick.

Edited by MikedaddyH

19 hours ago, MikedaddyH said:

Tom's got more !

I'm not sure about that, brother - seriously.  You brought a box 'o Glocks over here that HAD to be about 30 of them.  I think  you'd smoke me, in a "Mike's Glocks vs. the Total Count of the Tom-Ass AR Collection..."  

You're there, brother, I'm telling you.  :thumbup:   I'm just sayin'...   :popcorn:

On 7/16/2020 at 10:21 PM, 98Z5V said:

I'm not sure about that, brother - seriously.  You brought a box 'o Glocks over here that HAD to be about 30 of them.  I think  you'd smoke me, in a "Mike's Glocks vs. the Total Count of the Tom-Ass AR Collection..."  

You're there, brother, I'm telling you.  :thumbup:   I'm just sayin'...   :popcorn:

Tom you got me beat . Don't even have a dozen. 

5 hours ago, DNP said:

I don’t think he knows how many AR’s he has. What ever happened to faux-Jack?  I know there was one built to make Jack on a budget. 

I still have it.  Shot very little.  I think I'm gonna offer it up for a raffle, because I don't sell guns.  Ever. 

This "Panic" is making it hard, though - I could probably get $1400 for that thing.   I'm actually saving that one for Anthony...  You'll get that, and understand why...  

Oh, I know exactly how many I have, brother.  And I know which "#" this 6 ARC is...   :thumbup:

I might forget which locker, box or safe a certain one is in, but that's to be expected, kinda...  They move depending on use, and space.  I need another orange vault again.  Free some movement up. 

Edited by 98Z5V

38 minutes ago, MikedaddyH said:

IMG_20200719_194621.jpg

Lookin good! That might be getting hard to carry appendix though. Mine is pushing it appendix carry with the light and rmr but it works. Do you do any trigger work to your glocks? I’ve polished, installed an over travel stop, and pinned it to remove some of the take up in my carry gun. It’s better but still a Glock trigger. 

8 hours ago, Radioactive said:

Lookin good! That might be getting hard to carry appendix though. Mine is pushing it appendix carry with the light and rmr but it works. Do you do any trigger work to your glocks? I’ve polished, installed an over travel stop, and pinned it to remove some of the take up in my carry gun. It’s better but still a Glock trigger. 

Carry the G35, the Magwell prints a little.

Trigger work , yes. Johnny Glock is my teacher... Lol 😂. Polished all the points, connector and springs are upgraded, polished the firing pin safety. SS guide rod and 13lb spring.

Check out Marine Builder on YouTube, dudes got a bunch of tips. Downside he is long-winded like a mother fu¢ker.

Got all the slide parts  except the barrel. KKM in Reno is taking there time. Not painting the slide again this weekend. To tired after another 55 hour work week. 

Picked up a Gen 2 frame for the build, it has no finger grooves. Grip feels good.  Next up will be lower parts. Going for shiny bling bling , DNP style 😁

• 3 weeks later...