• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

.224 Valkyrie

After reading all the literature on this newest wildcat, it really seems to be living up to its hype. I searched the forum for it, and I didn't get a clear sense if anyone has actually bought on yet. Anyone on here own a .224 Valkyrie yet, build one, shoot one extensively, etc.? Just trying to get a feel for if it is worth getting into yet another caliber.

23 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I thought @98Z5V has one or had plans to build one.

After seeing the performance of the 6.5 Grendel, I ended up with three Grendels.  I see no need for a Valk now.  I'll take the Grendel over it any day.  :thumbup:

(Spoiler Alert!  There is probably gonna be a 4th Grendel hatched pretty soon...)

45 minutes ago, mineralman55 said:

Oh, you think so?:thefinger:

You're just playing with us. You probably already ordered it. That's a Tom move. Try to come in all sly and act like you invoked the rule...after its already in the mail and on its way home to you. 

44 minutes ago, DNP said:

You're just playing with us. You probably already ordered it. That's a Tom move. Try to come in all sly and act like you invoked the rule...after its already in the mail and on its way home to you. 

I've never done that... 

Wait a minute...  I HAVE done that...   :banana:  Caught quite the lot of you that way, too..   I think I already had the part in-hand when I posted about it...  :lmao:

• 7 months later...

Been doing some more digging around about the .224 Valk. Maybe some teething pains. Seems that as more reports come in there are problems with accuracy/consistency of results, and there have been more than some difficulties in reloading. I'm still interested, but at this moment, there are better things to spend my money on. I hope people get the bugs worked out.