• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Shoot or not to shoot

survivalshop

Wow.  Not to second guess their situation, but they had a huge opportunity before that guy got to the woman.  Huge opportunity. Sweep the legs.  Shoot him in the legs, subdue him, get him his medical treatment and prosecute him. 

3 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Wow.  Not to second guess their situation, but they had a huge opportunity before that guy got to the woman.  Huge opportunity. Sweep the legs.  Shoot him in the legs, subdue him, get him his medical treatment and prosecute him. 

I thought the same thing , but with all the pressure on LE since O'Buttheads time , they want to use non lethal ways to apprehend someone . That poor women was caught in a Frenzy shooting it seems , they had there chance from our perspective , but were reluctant till someone was in danger & too late  , sometimes LE just cant win , the way they are pressured not to open fire . I'm sure they are not feeling too good right now about how it turned out , unfortunately .I'm glad I'm not one of them .

Of course this is in Commiefornia , 

As soon as they saw that bloody knife - he already used it to attack his girl, and that knife was HUGE!!! - as soon as they saw that, and he refused to drop it, they had a reason to do away with that guy for good.

1_Dramatic-video-shows-LAPD-officers-fat

Edited by 98Z5V

I finally had the chance to look at the video and am saddened by how bad those officers shootings were. The shotgun guy could've walked to within 5 feet of the guy and dropped him. There was NO reason for that woman to ever have died. My bigger question is WTF did she stay there for when the situation was developing??!!!! My wife KNOWS that if at all possible to RUN!!!!

Article says she was using a walker. Running wasn't an option. Shuffle maybe. Should have shot sooner, but they're wrong if they shoot early and wrong if they shoot late. Tragic ending for sure, but I imagine it's easier to review the situation than it was to be in it. Lessons can definitely be learned from this one.