• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New member from the never been great state of New York

CarlB

5 hours ago, CarlB said:

but ran across a deal for an upper and lower armalite style set for 129. So now im building an Ar10. I'll be using the mean arms mag lock for a fixed mag setup. 

Curious to hear what you bought, specifically.  That will determine what parts you hunt for.  Welcome aboard.

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Curious to hear what you bought, specifically.  That will determine what parts you hunt for.  Welcome aboard.

A diamondback branded blemished upper/lower set. It has the slant in the rear leading me to believe its an armalite pattern. I ordered a lpk from armalite. It was hard to find any lpk that said they were specific to the armalite pattern. Also an a2 rifle length extension with a butt piece that just bolts to the end. 

I'll likely end up with a dmps pattern bolt and barrel, seems they are more abundant.

On 12/15/2018 at 9:41 PM, 98Z5V said:

Looks like Tactical Machining sells many of those to vendors - might be worth contacting them on specific parts.  I'd bet they are the Matrix pattern, from the looks of them. 

Yup. It took an armalite lpk, receiver extension is 16 tpi, and is supposed to accept pmag. Upper and lower are different tones, front and rear of magwell arebare metal but sides coated

20181218_164211.thumb.jpg.e65c0f3c843d0e09272091cbbc740b44.jpg

20181218_164329.jpg

20181218_164312.jpg

20181218_164220.jpg

20181218_164246.jpg

20181218_164236.jpg

On 12/15/2018 at 1:02 PM, CarlB said:

I'll be using the mean arms mag lock for a fixed mag setup. 

Another viable option to remain compliant is a modified bolt catch, and B.A.D. lever with a removeable magazine. In that configuration, it is no longer considered an autoloader and all other restrictions go away. I am pretty happy with mine set up that way. 

Welcome from the Hudson Valley.

20 hours ago, BK.RD.RNR said:

Another viable option to remain compliant is a modified bolt catch, and B.A.D. lever with a removeable magazine. In that configuration, it is no longer considered an autoloader and all other restrictions go away. I am pretty happy with mine set up that way. 

Welcome from the Hudson Valley.

Hadn't seen that in my search. Already ordered the mean but for the next one I may.

I used to live in the Hudson Valley, Rockland and Orange counties.