• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Happening more often it seems.

Sisco

4 hours ago, Sisco said:

Grizzly bear and other wild animal attacks can happen, and seem on the upswing. 

Love my 44 Mag!

https://www.themeateater.com/conservation/wildlife-management/attacked-the-year-in-review

Did you listen to the podcast from last year when Steve remi and the guys sat down and talked about their incounter? It’s amazing no one died or was injured. I listened to them on the way to the fall shoot in 17’ it was intense!! 

All around its a great podcast for outdoorsmen, he did get kinda political for a bit but other than that I love them

18 hours ago, Sisco said:

No I don’t listen as much as I should. A good friend , fishing and hunting buddy turned me on to them.

I’ll look at the library tonight and give you some numbers/links to listen to there’s the two that discribe the attack......BUT like two episodes before coenside with the days to follow. 

5 hours ago, shepp said:

I’ll look at the library tonight and give you some numbers/links to listen to there’s the two that discribe the attack......BUT like two episodes before coenside with the days to follow. 

I would start at episode 84, 86 and 87 are about the attack but I feel 84 and 85 set the stage. Also what makes it good is they take each persons take on it and they did it right after they’d made it back to the main land while it was all fresh in their heads. 

I quick looked on YouTube but didn’t see them, I listen via iTunes, you can get it in stitcher too

https://www.themeateater.com/listen/meateater

A lot of Alaskans are switching to 10mm semi autos instead of large caliber revolvers. Any minor reduction in energy is made up by larger ammo capacity, fast reload, and faster follow up shots. A 10 mm 1911 is in my future I think.

Edited by Sisco

5 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Ruger makes one as well.  I have shot several 45 1911s from them that are solid.  They run about $800 IIRC.

Ruger or Rock Island are the two I am looking at. Kind of like the Ruger stainless steel. First Though I am getting a GSG 1911 22 LR so I can afford to shoot. I joined an indoor range and shooting club and am going through 150 - 200 rounds of 9 mm and 45 once a week!

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Colt Delta Elite, brother. Search one out, but it won't be cheap - THAT is for certain...  

A guy here has a Colt 10 mm Delta elite with S and W 40 cal and 357 Sig barrels that interchange. It is sweet. He is a retired gun smith. 

4 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Colt Delta Elite, brother. Search one out, but it won't be cheap - THAT is for certain...  

This is the one. If you want 10mm perfection, then this is the one. Nothing else ,from any other manufacturer, even comes close to it. No one.

5 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

This is the one. If you want 10mm perfection, then this is the one. Nothing else ,from any other manufacturer, even comes close to it. No one.

I have heard that from other people. I also heard the Wilson combat 10 mm is close. Have to sell some stuff first if I go that route.

8 hours ago, Ravenworks said:

That Ruger 1911 I podted last night cost me $300

You got a Great deal. Saw a Ruger 10mm at a gun show yesterday for $725. A Rock Island 10mm for $625.