• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LaRue MBT Flat Trigger

jtallen83

4 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

so how many of those are you going to buy? :lmao:

Maybe a surprise but possibly one. I am big on consistency between weapons and the flat trigger would go against that. I also really like the wide shoe on my present MBT, I will be buy several more of those at the present price!

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Could you elaborate on what you did not like the MBT?

15 minutes ago, dubya said:

I guess I'm the only one here that truly did not like my MBT for a couple reasons. I much prefer the G2S for a budget trigger @ $100 on sale. 

enquiring minds whant to know.. Ive not shot the G2S so info there also? Thanks bro.

Just now, jtallen83 said:

Could you elaborate on what you did not like the MBT?

To start with, I absolutely hated the reset with the factory installed spring. It was very weak and I practically had to take my finger off to reset, I wasnt able to ride it like I'm used to with my other AR triggers. Installing the heavier spring fixed this problem but it also caused the break to go from something similar to an SSA-E to a SSA feel, maybe a bit heavier. And I installed it properly with the grease as suggested in the instructions. I've only shot two MBTs, including mine, but both had this issue. 

I started off actually kind of liking the wide shoe but after going back and forth between ARs at the range, I decided I didn't like having one gun with a wide, flat trigger shor while my others were "normal". I wanted them to all feel similar. That's just personal preference. I understand why LaRue can keep the price down on these and part of it is because there is less machining done on these triggers as some others, I think the MBT would feel alot better with some rounding or blending of the edges. Again, personal preference. 

I also found it odd that while the MBT is supposed to be made in house in Texas both mine and my buddies (two separate orders a few weeks apart) shipped directly from Colorado when I checked the tracking. I've talked to a few others on ARFCOM and have heard some being shipped from CO and some from TX.

3 minutes ago, sketch said:

enquiring minds whant to know.. Ive not shot the G2S so info there also? Thanks bro.

Long story short, it feels like the rest of my triggers. It has a nice break (for the price) and a great reset and they can be bought for $100 during one of the many Geissele or Brownells sales every year.

I've now swapped out all of my triggers to the GS2 except for my most recent build, a 308, that got a SSA-E. I can definitely tell the difference in the SSA-E but I dont think it's worth the extra cost over the G2S, for my use anyway. 

1 hour ago, dubya said:

I can definitely tell the difference in the SSA-E but I dont think it's worth the extra cost over the G2S, for my use anyway. 

That's comparing a 4.5lb combined pull (SSA, G2S, LaRue, many others) to a 3.5lb combined pull (SSA-E).  Of course it's going to feel different.  That extra pound costs money, when dealing with quality triggers (as all these are).

1 hour ago, sketch said:

well I need to try the g2s now.. thanks for your honest reply ! I have rough hands so feel is nill but pull and reset is a plus. I love my ssa-e's 🍻

Don't do it, brother.  It's not worth (1) waiting for a sale to get it close to the price of the LaRue, and (2) it's not a better trigger than the LaRue.  The LaRue is smoother than the G2S. 

I'm not saying the G2S is a bad trigger, not at all.  The LaRue is better, and cheaper. 

Of note, I do have all triggers I've referenced in this post, and many more. 

@dubya, if you want, I'll buy your LaRue MBT2S triggers from you.  :thumbup:

JB Matt went to order the flat LaRue yesterday.  He got an email stated there was a backorder, so he called them.  The person he talked to stated that he hadn't even seen one yet, and they have 1,000 orders already logged for it.  His wait time would be at least 10 weeks.  He changed over to the traditional MBT2S, and it arrives next week.  Just an update on the flatties...  

Edited by 98Z5V

14 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

@dubya, if you want, I'll buy your LaRue MBT2S triggers from you.  :thumbup:

JB Matt went to order the flat LaRue yesterday.  He got an email stated there was a backorder, so he called them.  The person he talked to stated that he hadn't even seen one yet, and they have 1,000 orders already logged for it.  His wait time would be at least 10 weeks.  He changed over to the traditional MBT2S, and it arrives next week.  Just an update on the flatties...  

I sold it for $90 on ARFCOM after 30rds and plenty of dry fire. My buddy will probably sell his though when the next Geissele sale hits, I think they might have one for Easter.