• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Army Getting New Sub Gun

Because I have a life elsewhere. And more to the point, I didn't bookmark all the original source pages where I learned about the Super-V and the Youtube videos where I saw it in action. Besides, I believe someone else posted that Kriss themselves CHOSE not to submit the Super-V into consideration, which assuming that this is correct rather makes it all a moot point. I'm just saying that based on what I distinctly recall seeing, the Super-V is THE next-gen subgun. I am sure that if people ask, there could be a 10mm offering, but really as long as our government goes outside the USA for weapons for our military and keeps the Hughes Amendment on the books in violation of the plain text of the 2A, manufacturers like Kriss won't have much opportunity to design, market, and sell SMG's. Governments really do not buy enough firearms to support innovation in firearms technology which is why the fundamentals of selective-fire small arms have remained unchanged for 50 years save for Kriss' innovation in redirecting the energy that would otherwise contribute to muzzle rise/flip.

Having seen and understood how their design works, I remain convinced that no matter how "ugly" their design is, it WORKS and the dramatic increase in controllability on full auto makes this something that should NOT be ignored. But obviously the people at Kriss seem to think that submitting the Super-V would have been pointless, else they would have done it. If this assessment is correct, then that says a lot about our government, and that something ties in directly to all the gun control crap and all the politics in Army procurement that people already find disgusting about the government, and more.

10 minutes ago, William Flatt said:

Because I have a life elsewhere. And more to the point, I didn't bookmark all the original source pages where I learned about the Super-V and the Youtube videos where I saw it in action. Besides, I believe someone else posted that Kriss themselves CHOSE not to submit the Super-V into consideration, which assuming that this is correct rather makes it all a moot point. I'm just saying that based on what I distinctly recall seeing, the Super-V is THE next-gen subgun. I am sure that if people ask, there could be a 10mm offering, but really as long as our government goes outside the USA for weapons for our military and keeps the Hughes Amendment on the books in violation of the plain text of the 2A, manufacturers like Kriss won't have much opportunity to design, market, and sell SMG's. Governments really do not buy enough firearms to support innovation in firearms technology which is why the fundamentals of selective-fire small arms have remained unchanged for 50 years save for Kriss' innovation in redirecting the energy that would otherwise contribute to muzzle rise/flip.

Having seen and understood how their design works, I remain convinced that no matter how "ugly" their design is, it WORKS and the dramatic increase in controllability on full auto makes this something that should NOT be ignored. But obviously the people at Kriss seem to think that submitting the Super-V would have been pointless, else they would have done it. If this assessment is correct, then that says a lot about our government, and that something ties in directly to all the gun control crap and all the politics in Army procurement that people already find disgusting about the government, and more.

So after all that you are only regurgitating internet reviews? You have no practical time on any of the weapon systems? Hard to prove any points without some solid info. As belt fed said, I am partial to the mp5, it’s a great weapon that operates flawlessly and is easy to use and control under full auto or burst. Probably costs too much though. The B&T is a nice weapon too, but I don’t have more than 300 rounds through one. I would gander SIG will be in this soon with a PCC MCX

10 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

No, I want your honesty.

What, now you're gonna call me a liar on this thread too?? An honest assessment isn't enough?? Because what I just said IS MY HONEST ASSESSMENT. I assume you know how to use a search engine, use it and look up "Kriss Super-V" and look at the articles and videos for yourself.

Just now, William Flatt said:

What, now you're gonna call me a liar on this thread too?? An honest assessment isn't enough?? Because what I just said IS MY HONEST ASSESSMENT. I assume you know how to use a search engine, use it and look up "Kriss Super-V" and look at the articles and videos for yourself.

That's not what I was looking for, and I haven't called you a "liar" yet, in any thread.

What I wanted to hear was that you previously stated your own opinion as fact, and now you don't even have the intestinal fortitude to state that it was only your opinion.  You just dance around the subject.  To top it off, - you're never even shot the damn thing!...   :lmao:

1 minute ago, William Flatt said:

Well I can't help you if you don't have the reading comprehension skills to see that I was stating an opinion, that should have been self evident. Sorry, I won't make that mistake with you again.

I just want to see you say it.  You don't even have the intestinal fortitude to to that...   "Integrity" is another word, if you didn't understand my first...

At the risk of sounding like that ape Maxine Waters, I'll throw you a bone.

OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION, OPINION.

There.

Had a guy ask me about a new 1911 that recently came out. I've read the reviews and all but I had to tell him that I couldn't say how good it was since I've never had one in my hands. If I haven't handled a gun how the hell can I say how good it is?

Just sayin!

Just watched a video about this new B&T. I’m intrigued! It looks like B&T hired some fresh blood. Their designs are way beyond where they were... which was way beyond everything else already. 

Its no secret, I’ve always loved the TP9. Their latest model has me in a frenzied lust. This new sub-gun had me at about a 6/10... until they announced two fresh aspects. 

1. It uses Glock mags.

2. It’s coming out in .45acp

this is the epitome of the HK killer! It’s a smaller, lighter, improved MP5/UMP!! That uses $25 stick mags and has a host of reliable drum mags. 

Sign me up for a pistol version!

4 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

The use of Glock mags is a huge advantage, MP5 mags are like buying gold. But most anything H&K is expensive due to their importation ban from here. I can't remember the details of it, does anyone remember why they were banned.

Biggest reason why my ump project stalled 

1 hour ago, Belt Fed said:

How much of it do you have completed?

Some funds and plans.... lol and a usc for a donor. What I want will be around 1400 plus a stamp to go sbr. But with mags being 100 plus on the cheep side, if you can find them, I held off. I’m getting my machine gun license through work but really can’t afford to feed one.

9 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

But most anything H&K is expensive due to their importation ban from here. I can't remember the details of it, does anyone remember why they were banned.

I think it also has to do with German export law. Started with the Bush '89 import restriction but I think it is mostly the German law now even though they have US manufacturing. This article touches on it but I have not been able to find a clear explanation.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/09/02/hk-hate-you-import-export-laws-vs-people/

2 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

Some funds and plans.... lol and a usc for a donor. What I want will be around 1400 plus a stamp to go sbr. But with mags being 100 plus on the cheep side, if you can find them, I held off. I’m getting my machine gun license through work but really can’t afford to feed one.

Cool, I think with a class 3 license you can legally build one, just can't sell it to the public.

28 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I think it also has to do with German export law. Started with the Bush '89 import restriction but I think it is mostly the German law now even though they have US manufacturing. This article touches on it but I have not been able to find a clear explanation.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/09/02/hk-hate-you-import-export-laws-vs-people/

Thanks for the link, wish i'd bought one of those claw mounts like in the pic and wish i'd bought several more 93 mags. You can find the 91 mags cheap enough. I bought two at a flea market for three bucks each.