• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Army Getting New Sub Gun

1 hour ago, Belt Fed said:

It's definitely compact, looks like it might be easy to get the fingers in front of the muzzle. but it's probably different holding it.

I plan on a hand stop on my short caliber pistol.. only takes one shot to learn the hard way!

1 hour ago, Belt Fed said:

looks like it might be easy to get the fingers in front of the muzzle.

6 minutes ago, sketch said:

I plan on a hand stop on my short caliber pistol..

You both seem to have different experience than I do. I thought it looked a lot like an Uzi in shape the first time I inspected the article. The second time I keyed in on everything else; it's almost a straight AR-15 stupid short pistol. No idea what the inside looks like (presumably very different); but this is pretty interesting all around. 

Someone more educated than myself could probably explain how to make this kind of thing. Is that a blowback design?

I was referring to my personal build, but in a heated debate with opposition you could loose your grip and run off the end of your hg.. with gloves more so, you only need one time to see a finger burning or worse.  

my  9mm is blow back id assume the above is also. didnt read that far into it.  build one! 👍

• 1 month later...

Honestly I would've thought the Kriss Super-V would've clinched the contract! Its' revolutionary design eliminates muzzle rise and DRAMATICALLY improves accuracy in full-auto!

Super-V recoil elimination technology should exist in ALL calibers/machineguns. But this wouldn't be the first time the Army F***ed up and went with what they KNEW was an inferior product just so they could stroke their ego and get off on their personal prejudices. It's the reason why the US military rejected what became known later as "the right arm of the free world", the FAL. And the FAL is STILL an awesome rifle! All this because some overcompensating Army "rear with the gear" POGUE could foist absolute control over the entire military from his small office.

kriss_smg_2084.jpg

On 6/6/2019 at 7:02 PM, William Flatt said:

But this wouldn't be the first time the Army F***ed up and went with what they KNEW was an inferior product

The Army certainly didn't fuk up by selecting that Brügger & Thomet.  That much is certain.   :thumbup:

If you don't know anything about their firearms, then check up on them.  B&T won't put out any product that would suck...

On 6/12/2019 at 12:10 AM, 98Z5V said:

The Army certainly didn't fuk up by selecting that Brügger & Thomet.  That much is certain.   :thumbup:

If you don't know anything about their firearms, then check up on them.  B&T won't put out any product that would suck...

I suggest you do the same with the Kriss Super-V.  I'm not saying that B&T produces junk, I'm saying that Kriss beats them.  Again, the Army done goofed.

18 hours ago, William Flatt said:

I suggest you do the same with the Kriss Super-V. 

I did, when it came out, and for years now - I know about it...   :thumbup:

I never could find a comparison article on the Kriss vs. the B&T - can you link that so we can all read it?...  

Edited by 98Z5V

21 hours ago, William Flatt said:

I'm not saying that B&T produces junk, I'm saying that Kriss beats them.

How did the Kriss do in the Army tests?  Got any info on that?  Here's something on the B&T:

There are basically three levels in any market for firearms. The bottom rung is the entry level, where companies compete to mass produce an item at small margins that gets the job done without any frills. The middle rung is the “professional” market, where consumers are willing to pay a little bit more for a functional firearm that better fits their needs and won’t break anytime soon. The top rung is populated by enthusiasts who are willing to pay a premium for perfection, where the initial investment isn’t as important as the quality of the product and the ownership experience.

CZ’s Scorpion fills the entry level market perfectly for civilian sub guns. SIG SAUER’s MPX is shaping up to be the pro level choice. As for that top rung, B&T hopes that their APC9 will provide enough “wow factor” to separate connoisseurs from their hard earned cash . . .

Any info on that Kriss vs. B&T information yet, that you referenced earlier?...   :popcorn:

I don't know if the Army even looked at the Kriss. But I do know that it's top-shelf quality. It will take all the abuse you can throw at it without breaking, it's wicked accurate, and it was designed for tier 1 operators. The original Super-V was made in .45 cal to prove that it could handle the worst possible recoil in full auto and yet put the entire magazine in an inch - to - inch & 1/2 groups.

I'll have to dig and see if the Army looked at the Kriss. If they didnt even try, then they committed a felonious criminal act.

20 hours ago, William Flatt said:

I don't know if the Army even looked at the Kriss.

It didn't meet the requirements, and it wasn't even submitted into the call from the Army - and that's Kriss's call.  It wasn't even in there.

And if they wanted to show that it:

could handle the worst possible recoil in full auto and yet put the entire magazine in an inch - to - inch & 1/2 groups.

...then they would have debuted the initial configuration in 10mm...

You find that comparison article yet?...   You had to get this information somewhere, and I'd love to read that article...   Lemme know when you find it.  :popcorn:

I'm saying that Kriss beats them. 

15 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

I would like to fire both of the SMG's listed in this thread. I'm old fashioned. I still like the MP5 and Thompson. I had a Madsen clamshell and sold it. wish I had it back.

I would just like to shoot a third of what you have collected.:drool:

33 minutes ago, William Flatt said:

Hey, we're talking guns here, "once you pop, you can't stop" works just as well!! LOL :lmao:

No real information from what I requested from you, and this is all you've got?...   Why is that?