• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The Ruger “Not so PC” carbine.. Pt:1

Robocop1051

5B6EE75A-76E3-49D7-B4AF-D9A9F8E40830.jpeg

Some of you may have seen these already. Some of you may even own one. I saw this takedown rifle last year, and watched in awe as it flew off the shelves in Ca. This year Ruger announced that it was going to make that half-assed MLOK handguard too. The reason they tilt the rifle in the pictures is so you don’t see the barrel sits in the top 1/3 of the handguard, off center from the MLOK side points. They wanted to utilize the iron sights and not have to worry about matching a top rail to the ridiculously low rear picatinny mount.

For several months I’ve been sneaking 5-10 mins in at a time, slowing working on a side project. My team thought I was crazy... until Ruger announced that new MLOk model. 

Not to be outdone by anyone... CROM is coming out of the gate, swinging LONG and HARD. 

BD3389DF-1230-4876-9729-6A97FF0727E9.jpeg

This is the first announcement of a CROM “Not So PC” handguard and monolithic top rail. Not only will I be making a full length handguard and rear rail riser, all while maintaining the takedown feature of the rifle, but if you look closely... there is a rail-to-rail lock up to guarantee your monolithic sight alignment returns as close to 0 as possible when you take the rifle apart and put it back together. 

It was really cute that Ruger (and everyone else that made a handguard) kept the cheapo, short radius, iron sights open and usable. I’m sure no rifle owner thought about wanting to actually put decent sights on their rifles. 

I plan on getting some pics up soon with various types of fixed iron sights and BUIS. I’m definitely interested in seeing how some CZ Scorpion sights, or HK MP7 sights, would look on this carbine. 

This is just because I hate @DNP

5F162125-1910-44F0-B825-6118DC066793.jpeg

525470D9-C451-4732-82F9-34836C14F5EF.jpeg

040E51FF-752C-40D0-8AE3-03A3B221E594.jpeg

The front end is DONE. The receiver has a 3/4” top rail getting cut right now. That’ll provide a complete monolithic top rail. You can see the pin in the top of the handguard. That will be part of the lockup feature to guarantee sight alignment. 

Stay tuned... the biggest feature is yet to come!!

hint....

11AABE46-9E60-44CD-8BEA-9594F5697258.jpeg

Looking at that I’d be happy with the stock adapter and a simple hand guard in place of the factory. Similar to the 870 one from magpul. 

Cant wait to see the finished piece. That was completely unintended there, but yeah...I said “finished”. Lol. 

18 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

This coming from the man with a 500 BLK. And you think that we don't hate you?

I don't hate him. I LOVE HIM LONG TIME!!!   :banana:

Edit - Did I tell you that I finally got to sleep with him in Vegas.  For real...  I got to sleep with Rob.  It was dreamy...   🤩

Edited by 98Z5V

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

I don't hate him. I LOVE HIM LONG TIME!!!   :banana:

Edit - Did I tell you that I finally got to sleep with him in Vegas.  For real...  I got to sleep with Rob.  It was dreamy...   🤩

Truth! Big spoon / little spoon!

On 5/15/2019 at 4:18 PM, DNP said:

why does the front end need to be so damn big?  Can that top come down any?  You better hurry. I’m running out of gun money quick. 

Looks like it won't clear the OEM front sight without being 3-1/2 feet tall. Damn Ruger...

Is the front sight pinned like a Mini-14/30? If so, it shouldn't be too hard to remove. Then you could drop that rail down to a DNP-approved height. 🤣