• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Still haven't figured out what this is good for

Mark Hartig

• 1 month later...

I finally had the opportunity to go out with a 100 pack of 12 GA birdshot and learn how to run this thing. It was a tiring session, and learning to shoot from the hip did not come until about a quarter of the way thru the shells as this is something I've never practiced before. Have it down now and yes it got fun.

Don't think it'll be much good past 15 yards or so as both bird and buckshot patterns open up quite a bit but I can't complain since that's not what it was made for. Good little machine that I've warmed up to considerably

Regards,

Mark

1 hour ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

This should get you past 15 yards... it's a 2ga

83e458583ac890d57e368e4fb52c54ec.jpg

I like your style but that could be hard to hide under my coat

1 hour ago, DNP said:

15 yards is point blank with that bad boy. That’s almost cheating. 

No such thing as cheating when there's a need to treat with varmints

2 hours ago, Mark Hartig said:

I like your style but that could be hard to hide under my coat

Don't hide it under your coat, that makes it an SBS or AOW - both require tax stamps and approval process.  It has an OAL over 26" for a reason, so you "can't conceal it...".   Just FYI. 

It's 26 3/4" with the factory Raptor Bird's Head Grip (and it's sling stud)...

On 6/26/2019 at 11:54 PM, Mark Hartig said:

Too heavy and kicks too hard to one hand it, took 15 months for paper to come through, and muzzle blast is ferocious but I still think it's cool

Regards,

Mark

003.JPG

004.JPG

Try some of these:

midwayusa-logo-v1.svg

Aguila Minishell Ammunition 12 Gauge 1-3/4" 5/8 oz #7-1/2 Shot

Aguila Minishell Ammunition 12 Gauge 1-3/4" #4 and #1 Buckshot 11 Pellets

Federal Shorty Shotshell Ammunition 12 Gauge 1-3/4" #4 Buckshot 15 Pellets

10 hours ago, Mark Hartig said:

Thanks I've thought of trying some of these. First, though, I'd have to get one of those rubber adaptors so they'd feed correctly. There's an outfit in Texas that makes them for about $15 apiece if I recall right

They work - I'm running two of them, and got my Gun Pusher to start carrying them. 

https://opsolmini-clip.com/product/opsol-mini-clip-2-0-flex/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzqiSt_GS5AIVF9NkCh0EJgAEEAAYASAAEgIHovD_BwE

s-l300.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 10/10/2021 at 6:55 AM, micmacman said:

LMAO , i am with you , the only thing they are good for is a Reddit profile pic  

i love the shotty in the Bad Pitt (intentional misspelling of Brad) move Killing them softly , you can see the shell casing protruding from the muzzle , i laughed so hard when i seen that i almost stroked out 

I noticed that the Shorty 1 3/4" adapter only fits sissy pump shotguns, well us owners of REAL pump guns (Winchester, Remington and Ithaca), haven't weakened so much that we need these Sissy 12 Ga. loads anyway!

8 hours ago, mrmackc said:

I noticed that the Shorty 1 3/4" adapter only fits sissy pump shotguns, well us owners of REAL pump guns (Winchester, Remington and Ithaca), haven't weakened so much that we need these Sissy 12 Ga. loads anyway!

Owners of those guns couldn't have anyone dream up anything that would work, because those guns are inferior.  The superior shotgun wins, in this case...   :popcorn::thefinger:

I’m thoroughly confused as Mack was the first to bring up the shorties…then 2 years later he’s calling folks sissy-men for using them. @mrmackc , you haven’t gone democrat on us now, right?  

He’s got more life experience than most of us combined…he can say whatever he wants as far as I’m concerned. I just sit here confused and say yes sir. 

8 hours ago, DNP said:

…he can say whatever he wants as far as I’m concerned. I just sit here confused and say yes sir. 

That's what I do most of the time, unless I'm aiming to rile him up or jerk his chain...   :laffs:

I'd swear he's my dad, somehow...   :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V