• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bataan Memorial Death March, 2020

98Z5V

Candy-asses beware. Telling you now. Anyone wanna do the 2020 Bataan Memorial Death March with me? I'm going. Haven't done it for a few years now, but I've done three of them.  I'm going in March 2020.

The date is 15 March 2020 for the next one.  Details will emerge, but here's the basics:

https://bataanmarch.com/

Let's plan the Spring Shoot around this - total asskicking week-ish, overall.  I'm going.  Man up, fuckers.  :thumbup:

It starts at 2200 feet AGL, and goes through 7000 feet of elevation change through the course.  Two major sand washes, miles long, beginning and end.  It ain't easy, by no stretch of the imagination.  But it's pretty fucking satisfying to complete it.  It fucking SUCKS.   :thumbup:  I just wish it would suck MORE...  :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

I'm going. Anybody that wants to join in, hit the link for details, make your plans, and meet me there. Last time I did this bastard was 2009.  It's an ass whoopin' you can't likely put upon youself, without calling in buddies to kick your own ass...   :thumbup::laffs:

I wish you the best of Luck.  At 19 it would have been cake for me.  At 66 it would certainly be my death march.  I'll kick in a $50 gift card towards anyone joining you.  In respect toward that generation,  most of who are now gone,  including my Dad,  I solemnly salute your efforts.  Well done,  Sir.

No money needed  - send your testosterone.  Samples are fine, as long as you can guarantee they'll help, and they're pure.  This is nothing more than a gen-u-wine nut-up event.  It's a motherfucker. It sucks to start it, but it sucks more to finish it - and once you finish it, you never want to do anything like it again.  And this will be my 4th one...   Says something, right?...   :bitchslap:   My Grandpa always said, if you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough...   :laffs:

I did three of these fuckers at the end of my military career.  Last one was after I retired, I think that bastard was in 2009 or 2010. Been too long, so I'm going back and doing it again.  It's a hoot.

I'm no spring chicken, brother - I retired from the Army in 2007, with 21.5 years.  That math works out to make me an older fucker.  If you stop moving, your parts rust, and you get stuck in place. I'm extraordinarily lucky to be handicapped by my own natural immaturity - I still think I'm 17...   and act like it most of the time...   :banana:

So , your going to be POW's , beaten & starved ,that have just had their A$$'s handed to them after months of bloody fighting & watch anyone lagging behind Bayoneted & left for dead on the side of the road , should be interesting march . 

Of course I'm being sarcastic !  Have fun . 

I think you will find that its just not about , use it or lose it , when you get really old. What are you , in your fifties 98 ? I'm closing in on 70 & I can tell you its a different world , you will lose something , no choice . Actually its something to look forward to .:thumbup:

5 hours ago, survivalshop said:

I think you will find that its just not about , use it or lose it , when you get really old. What are you , in your fifties 98 ? I'm closing in on 70 & I can tell you its a different world , you will lose something , no choice . Actually its something to look forward to .:thumbup:

So true. 70 is in my rear view mirror in four months. I am doing five miles a day now. Averaging 14,000 steps a day on the fitbit. But Don’t think I could do 26 even with 9 months to train.

3 hours ago, MikedaddyH said:

There is an Honorary March of 14 miles also !  Team 308  could do that instead of cheering from the side lines !

That one just doesn't go up and around the mountain, on the other side of the highway.  It's still a motherfucker, because it's ALL the sand washes. 

First one I did was Military Heavy "Team".  #2 was Military Light Individual, and #3 was after I retired, so I did Civilian Light Individual.   That first one was a motherfucker, because you had to have a 40lb pack without water weight, and 8 people.  They weighed you at the beginning and the end.  320 lbs had to be weighed out after you crossed the finish line, with the 8 people. As people on the team started running out of steam, We'd cross load ruck weight, make it lighter for the people that were hurting, get them through.  I think my final ruck was fucking 66lbs or something stupid like that.  Last sand wash is about 4 miles-ish long, and it fucking SUCKED.  We made it, though.