• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Adjustable gas block

Drew204

Hey guys how’s it going I’m in the middle of building a light weight ar 10 during a bsf 18” barrel my ? Is should I use a adjustable gas block or a regular one I will be jawing this rifle for plinking , hunting and a good reliable trail gun 

Edited by Drew204

19 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

So you can't run a DI rifle suppressed without an adjustable gas block ?

You certainly can, just helps tame them down and lower the amount of gas being directed to the action. I run my Armalite with a heavy buffer and Tubbs spring, no adjustable gas block, being a 20 inch rifle also helps some.

I have 1 .308's also that I run without adj gas block and suppressed with standard armalite reqoil set up. I havent put very many rounds in it yet but it works fine. 👍The other has an adj gb but have to do more testing with the can on.. they will shoot! selecting an ammo of choice is key as well as everything else you put into your rifle. once you find what it likes , be consistent.🍻🇺🇸

Yeah brother. An adjustable block isn't a thing you have to have. But running an extended amount of time suppressed, it does make it a little less harsh. Less gas being blown back into your face and such. 5.56 guns.....you don't really need an adjustable block at all. 300 blacks don't really need them either. 7.62's on the other hand. If you're gonna spend some time behind the trigger with em, it'll definitely make it a more enjoyable time.

I've run my 10 SBR (no adjustable block), and it runs just fine. But not for a long time though. The gas will start choking your ass after a while if you're ripping through enough rounds. :laffs:

6 hours ago, Rsquared said:

I've run my 10 SBR (no adjustable block), and it runs just fine. But not for a long time though. The gas will start choking your ass after a while if you're ripping through enough rounds. :laffs:

Yeah, but when do you ever just rip through rounds?  You’d have to own an entire closet full of ammo somewhere in an unknown desert location to get away with that. :laffs:

14 hours ago, DNP said:

Yeah, but when do you ever just rip through rounds?  You’d have to own an entire closet full of ammo somewhere in an unknown desert location to get away with that. :laffs:

I don't own the closet. I've just planted my flag in it. And it's not "full" of ammo. I'm still working on that. :laffs:

On 8/6/2019 at 3:40 AM, DNP said:

Ahem!   Uh, guys...   Well, I need to tell y'all something.  Ah, nevermind...

On 8/6/2019 at 6:35 PM, Rsquared said:

I don't own the closet. I've just planted my flag in it. And it's not "full" of ammo. I'm still working on that. :laffs:

Oh yeah?  You think?   I THINK you've forgotten what you've sent, and I might need to update the pic again...   :lmao:

On 8/6/2019 at 6:37 PM, DNP said:

Is the CROM 338 coming?  I need to make sure I have some ammo for my wife to run through it. 

It better be...   @Robocop1051 needs to answer that one.  I want some time on the 500 Blackout, videos everywhere, all that...  :hail:

On 8/6/2019 at 6:46 PM, Rsquared said:

Oh $hit. That reminds me. I've got to place that order for the 338 reloading supplies and get them out Tom. Hopefully, they'll actually make it to him this time.

Got my work address, brother?  Send powder there - shiit send it all there.  We won't have issues with it that way, those stupid "hazmat says it has to be shipped..." bastards...  

@Rsquared, I need to make a phone call to you, but here's the short version - would you want to ship the MRAD out here, FFL to FFL two weeks early - send it to GunPusher John?  He (We) could then take it out the couple weeks before the shoot commences, and I can truly make a custom load for it, and those 285s...   Just something to ponder...

I'd probably be good with that. One less thing to drag into the fukin airport.

I mean, after all, I'm probably gonna already be terrifying the TSA guys as it is with my other Pelican case ( with 4 rifles, pistol, Mags and suppressors). :lmao:

Then,  there's the checked "luggage". Meaning a duffle filled with simple things. Meaning clothes, personal hygiene.......oh and chest rig, camelbak and a shoulder holster.  I can't wait to see their faces.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:01 AM, 98Z5V said:

Oh yeah?  You think?   I THINK you've forgotten what you've sent, and I might need to update the pic again...   :lmao:

It better be...   @Robocop1051 needs to answer that one.  I want some time on the 500 Blackout, videos everywhere, all that...  :hail:

Got my work address, brother?  Send powder there - shiit send it all there.  We won't have issues with it that way, those stupid "hazmat says it has to be shipped..." bastards...  

Nope haven't forgotten about anything I've sent so far. In fact, I need to add some 300 black to that pile.

And that no good rat bastard better bring that 500 blackout. I wanna get some time with thing. I'm loving the idea of that kind of round.

And yes. I've got your work address. So this time everything should work out.