• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

A plan coming together

shepp

10 minutes ago, sketch said:

l gotta be the one brother here that upd it! 500 blk!

You're not the only one - there's alot of us here that are in Rob's ass about that beast...  I was looking forward to some T&E during Fall Shoot, but Anniversary, et al.

He could FFL transfer it to my Gun Pusher here - Rob's his own FFL.  Gun Pusher signs it out, we shot it for the weekend, etc. Gun Pusher sends it back to him - because he's his own FFL.  We could T&E this beast, proper.  :thumbup:

@Rsquared is already doing it - shipping the Barret MRAD out here early, so I can custom-tailor a 285gr load for that big bitch, prior to the shoot.  Custom ammo for the gun that deserves it the most, right now.  This fucker is going 1760 this year.

I'm just sayin'...          :popcorn:

5 hours ago, Sisco said:

Gonna guess 30-06. It should be a tack driver.

You got it! Savage 110 hunter chambered in 30-06. Rings and level were delivered today. Going to my buddies to lap and mount scope Sunday 

Edited by shepp

6 hours ago, COBrien said:

Bejaysus, look at the length of that barrel!

That's what she said...   :laffs:

5 hours ago, COBrien said:

For some reason, it sure looks longer than that.

Maybe I'm just used to dealing with 16" or 18" barrels.

I'm setting these up, wondering who's gonna knock 'em down...

I'm game for it...    Hey, brother - you use what you're given.  You get used to the length, and if it works, it works!...   :lmao::banana:

5 minutes ago, shepp said:

Had he been the girl in my deck I’d take that as a compliment 

Was that a typo, brother?   You said "in my deck," but I'm not sure if you meant "on my dick..."   Just a mixup with vowels, I do it, too...  :lmao:

You bringing this thing down here in 1.5 months?...

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Was that a typo, brother?   You said "in my deck," but I'm not sure if you meant "on my dick..."   Just a mixup with vowels, I do it, too...  :lmao:

You bringing this thing down here in 1.5 months?...

I fixed it at the time it the proper term was on my deck, but may have changed latter on. 

Not this year, I’m taking it to WY the first week of oct 

After antelope? Just curious, what ammo are you planning to dial it in and hunt with? I generally shoot 176 grain Sierra Game King soft points for hunting, but those Hornady ELX polymer tips look promising. Believe it or not, I have about 450 cases loaded up with some 150 grain soft points I inherited from my father. He bought a box of 500 from the old Herters in Waseca Minnesota back in 1962! Gotta shoot those up one day.

Edited by Sisco

3 hours ago, Sisco said:

After antelope? Just curious, what ammo are you planning to dial it in and hunt with? I generally shoot 176 grain Sierra Game King soft points for hunting, but those Hornady ELX polymer tips look promising. Believe it or not, I have about 450 cases loaded up with some 150 grain soft points I inherited from my father. He bought a box of 500 from the old Herters in Waseca Minnesota back in 1962! Gotta shoot those up one day.

Yes sir, well one reason for going back to the 30-06 round is I probably have 200$ in ammo already. 

Im going with this, probably get on paper with the cheap silver/gray (150) box then dial in with the max bonded (180). Out of my last rifle they few pretty similar. 

30276A7A-65CA-47B0-BEA1-75F6D41B6032.jpeg

Edited by shepp