• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fall fishing.

Sisco

The fall Coho Salmon and Brown Trout runs have started on a river about a mile from my house. They are staging off the mouth of it right now. I got so involved today getting the boat out and cleaning the fish I neglected to snap a picture, so all I have is this one of a coho and brown trout in the (bloody) live well. Ended up with four today.

219643F5-7375-4415-8850-4E90B2EACC4A.jpeg

1 hour ago, Belt Fed said:

👍 Do you freeze the fish?

Yeah, Rapala put out a great book 30 years ago on how to properly freeze and preserve fish. Key: Don’t wash the fish until you thaw it to use. Water on filets immediately starts bacterial breakdown. We usually try to eat it within a month. Fatty fish like Lake Trout and Salmon you don’t want to go much past that. I have some invalid friends I share with as well. They can’t fish, and can’t really afford to buy much fresh fish.

2 hours ago, RedRiverII said:

Nice job Sir.  I'm fifteen minutes away from leaving on a fishing trip.  Just going to " Living on Island Time ."  Reports follow.  Off of Hypoluxo and Dixie Hgwy.,  Sisco.

Have fun Red. Give us a full report when you get back. This winter maybe we can do some fishing. I got my Florida Shark Fishing certification.