• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Coal to Newcastle aks guns to the USA

Cunuckgaucho

So the good news is I've pretty much figured out how to bring guns into the USA and back home legally  :thumbup:

As most things gun related there are the rules and 'self interpretation ' of the rules. Example the ATF doesn't require me as a Canadian to need an invitation for a sanctioned shooting event or a hunting licence. The reality is having one or the other will make life easier at border crossing.  I have an ATF number I can ask the border guard to call but reality is get a state hunting licence.It doesn't even have to be from the state I'll be visiting

Washington state crossing want to only see a proper invite from sanction shooting event only so will not be crossing through  Washington but through Idaho.

So the good news is my permit is good for one year from date of issue. While I have to list everything I might bring in, I'm not obliged to bring in everything on my list(rifles,shotguns and pistols are good to go but no SBR).

Same with ammo but also have to list caliber,brands separately.Example can't simply say 12ga but list each brand and specific amount.

Still waiting to get a couple rulings( I want written confirmation) Can I bring back my used brass? also protocol for a lower with multiple uppers(the lower is the only registered part)

So need to figure out which state has the least hoops for out of state hunting licence and submit that and ATF paperwork beginning of new year

Still trying to figure a way to legally keep firearms in the USA if things go sideways New Zealand style. So far post election the anti gun thing isn't the government's priority. 

18 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Still trying to figure a way to legally keep firearms in the USA if things go sideways New Zealand style.

Aaaaahhhh, you already know the answer to that one, brother.  Casa De Pain has room for storage.  You get 'em here legally, and you've got a place to keep them.  :thumbup:

26 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

So the good news is I've pretty much figured out how to bring guns into the USA and back home legally  :thumbup:

As most things gun related there are the rules and 'self interpretation ' of the rules. Example the ATF doesn't require me as a Canadian to need an invitation for a sanctioned shooting event or a hunting licence. The reality is having one or the other will make life easier at border crossing.  I have an ATF number I can ask the border guard to call but reality is get a state hunting licence.It doesn't even have to be from the state I'll be visiting

Washington state crossing want to only see a proper invite from sanction shooting event only so will not be crossing through  Washington but through Idaho.

So the good news is my permit is good for one year from date of issue. While I have to list everything I might bring in, I'm not obliged to bring in everything on my list(rifles,shotguns and pistols are good to go but no SBR).

Same with ammo but also have to list caliber,brands separately.Example can't simply say 12ga but list each brand and specific amount.

Still waiting to get a couple rulings( I want written confirmation) Can I bring back my used brass? also protocol for a lower with multiple uppers(the lower is the only registered part)

So need to figure out which state has the least hoops for out of state hunting licence and submit that and ATF paperwork beginning of new year

Still trying to figure a way to legally keep firearms in the USA if things go sideways New Zealand style. So far post election the anti gun thing isn't the government's priority. 

Gotta have a plan brother 👍

2 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Thanks brother, right now need to leave with what I brung. Hoping there is a loophole if I own/rent property in the USA

There is - you know how many Canadian Snowbirds there are in my town?  LOTS!!!  They buy guns from my Gun Pusher.  Their guns stay here.  You need a State ID that lists your residence here.

12 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

There is - you know how many Canadian Snowbirds there are in my town?  LOTS!!!  They buy guns from my Gun Pusher.  Their guns stay here.  You need a State ID that lists your residence here.

That's the angle I'm pursuing :thumbup:, lots of conflicting info on length of stay and minimum requirements. 

edit- right now pretty much everything wants me to have 90 day minimum residence 

Edited by Cunuckgaucho

2 hours ago, 392heminut said:

Tom would probably rent you a room for $1 a month!

The key I  need to know is can I get away with simply having an address or do I have to physically be present. It would make things easier for visits as I could simply fly in, giving me more time in country. 

I do have a dealer with FFL in Canada that would allow me to ship stuff and apparently guns I bought in the US are easy to send back across the boarder. 

On 11/8/2019 at 7:02 PM, Cunuckgaucho said:

fewest hoops and gun friendly.. Idaho is the way to go....

1 hour ago, Magwa said:

next time you got to stop....

You can count on it, if I recall someone mentioned elk :drool:

50 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Idaho is really pretty country. So is Arkansas. If you're ever in the neighborhood, give us a shout!

Thanks Sharpshooter,

If I'm in the area( or even a state or two away) count on it. I haven't had the pleasure of your fine state. My travels in the lower 48 have taken me down the east coast to the Florida Keys and then across the most southerly states before heading north.

11 hours ago, unforgiven said:

You are welcomed to come over to Indiana brother 👍 typography changes alot downstate.

I look forward to checking out Indiana but more so in raising a glass or three with you brother.

11 hours ago, DNP said:

As much as I’d love to see you down here...stay the hell away from California. I’ll meet you in AZ someday!

While I enjoyed San Diego I suspect we'd have more fun in Az. so I'll see you at the fall shoot.

20 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

While I enjoyed San Diego I suspect we'd have more fun in Az. so I'll see you at the fall shoot.

I think this solidifies the answer to the question...  "Think we HOOKED the CANADIAN?!!?..."  :lmao:

You're done now, Eric.  You're Family now...   For Better or For Worse...  and all that shiit...  :hail:

4 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I think this solidifies the answer to the question...  "Think we HOOKED the CANADIAN?!!?..."  :lmao:

You're done now, Eric.  You're Family now...   For Better or For Worse...  and all that shiit...  :hail:

Yea I pretty much took the bait, the rod and pretty much the boat. 

So what's this I hear about a spring shoot? :fullauto:

6 hours ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

So what's this I hear about a spring shoot? :fullauto:

No set time yet, but it's getting close to talking about it.  Same venue, same activities for the most part, much smaller crowd.  It's where we try to come up with new stuff for Fall Shoot, try it out, and incorporate it.  It's where the High Angle came from.  It's our test-run for Fall Shoot.  

On 11/19/2019 at 6:48 AM, 98Z5V said:

No set time yet, but it's getting close to talking about it.  Same venue, same activities for the most part, much smaller crowd.  It's where we try to come up with new stuff for Fall Shoot, try it out, and incorporate it.  It's where the High Angle came from.  It's our test-run for Fall Shoot.  

Might be a good excuse to test run my Form 6 and getting into the country with guns and drop by @Magwa on my way through Idaho.

On 11/19/2019 at 7:54 AM, unforgiven said:

I really would like to do that brother Eric 😊

:thumbup:

13 hours ago, Magwa said:

you might just have to take me with you ...can share gas and tell lies all the way there.....

Road trip :thumbup: @Magwa I'd be honored to have you along

9 hours ago, DNP said:

I was thinking the same. Have a bottle of chloroform in case he gets second thoughts. He’ll wake up in AZ and might not even be mad...

Hey I'm not falling for the "Hey does this cloth smell funny" line...I'm pretty sure I've learned my lesson after the seventh time it has happened.