• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Vibe or rotary?

Radioactive

On 3/25/2020 at 4:38 AM, sketch said:

If you have the room and not bothered by the noise.. try this

On 3/25/2020 at 4:51 AM, 98Z5V said:

I'm on Harbor Freight looking for small concrete mixers... 

I'm in the same boat now. Pretty sure I'll just build that setup; and use a 5 gallon plastic pail... But that's just want I wanted to know (and I didn't even know I wanted to know that). 

No sense messing around with small barrels or black rubber. Get it all done all at once; and probably pay even less in the end. Would not be hard to belt up a lathe motor to run a bucket slow enough. 

2 hours ago, Albroswift said:

I have used one of these, a little bigger but same principal. The 200 degree feather soup gets really disgusting after about half a dozen birds.  Photos/ videos don't do it justice, need to be there!

Agreed on being there and the scalding water getting disgusting. I do multiple pots of water and do about 18 birds twice a year. I think we are going to try hatching some meat type birds instead of getting the Cornish cross already hatched.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 2:49 AM, 98Z5V said:

You fucker -after posting that, you have me wanting a fucking concrete mixer for a damn brass tumbler.  I damn sure don't NEED it, but now I want to try it, and see if it's even worth a shiit. 

Fuk, man. 

That is exactly what Dona Ana Munitions in Las Cruces uses for tumbling all the brass they reload! Been using the ones from Harbor Freight for years now so I guess it works pretty good for them.:thumbup: