• Visit Sportsmans Guide

CatFood's kommiefornia 6.5cm build.

CatFood

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Albroswift said:

When things quiet down and components are back in stock you will enjoy handling for it. Lots of good 6.5 data out there.

Have 2 ladders loaded up myself just waiting for the next trip to the range. 123's and 147's. Don't remember the data offhand but it is probably one of the Hodgdon magnum powders, 4350 or 4831, use those in a lot of recipes. 

You'll love those 147s, brother.  I use the 123s in the Grendels, and they're awesome in that platform.  For a Creed or a .260 Rem, those 147s are just magic...   :thumbup:

I'll keep my eyes peeled for some 147's (when I have coin). I'm assuming they work good in a 1-8 twist barrel? I have some lighter weight ammo to test as well (prime 120, hornady 130 all factory I'm a bit fuzzy on the weights) bought a box each almost a year ago 20 rounds each. But when I tested the build I was using 140gn hornady eld American gunner, it shot extremely well. 

Got to find a note pad to write all this info down lol. 

• 1 year later...

Holy smokes I needed to bump my old thread. And to give an update of this ar6.5 build.

Well she is functioning flawlessly! The H3 buffer did the trick! Had to adjust the gas a bit again but got it dialed in. Shot irons for a bit, but decided to rob the 308 bolts scope. Went with a aero mount, won't make that mistake again. Kept coming loose even with properly cleaned, dried, and cured blue loctite, a few range trips. In a final ditch effort, red loctite went in. The verticle type of rings suck when tightening the mounts. 

Shot and functioned great with the 120's and 147g. Loved the 123g or I had the best groups with them. I have a bunch of ladders reloaded, just need some time to test them out.

Ditched the whitt machine muzzle rise eliminator for a ultradyne brake. What a difference that made! Also cleans up the front end look too. 

Thanks everyone for the help. Didn't mean to disappear, life happened and a bunch of crap changed. Still in a crappy position, but working my way through it the best I can.