• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Christmas in September!

Bear

5 minutes ago, DNP said:

Aww man....it looks like all that ammo cooked off on the porch in that desert heat. 

Kind of a one off from Midway. Was looking for 308 brass, this was advertised as 500 pcs NATO primed brass (but there is no NATO stamp). All headstamped FC 13, and weighs the same as M118LR brass. Unfortunately, crimped primers.

3 hours ago, Bear said:

Kind of a one off from Midway. Was looking for 308 brass, this was advertised as 500 pcs NATO primed brass (but there is no NATO stamp). All headstamped FC 13, and weighs the same as M118LR brass. Unfortunately, crimped primers.

I’ve run into that headstamp twice, FGMM 7.62x51 175 gr. that PSA was blowing out and MK 319 mod 0. I have not tried loading any yet.

Ok, got the delta ring figured out, Brownells actually has a YouTube video for it. The gas tube naturally did not include a roll pin, but the local Ace hardware came thru again, and I now have 10 each of 4 different sizes. This morning I ordered an A2 flash hider and crush ring. Even though this barrel is .308, it has a 1/2" thread. Time to load up more ammo!

On 9/11/2020 at 2:42 PM, Bear said:

Ok, got the delta ring figured out, Brownells actually has a YouTube video for it. The gas tube naturally did not include a roll pin, but the local Ace hardware came thru again, and I now have 10 each of 4 different sizes. This morning I ordered an A2 flash hider and crush ring. Even though this barrel is .308, it has a 1/2" thread. Time to load up more ammo!

I'm sorry if I missed it but what barrel combo did you end up going with?  I really like the taller appropriate A2 front sight. I'm guessing a Brownells Retro set up?

8 hours ago, Chuck Plissken said:

I'm sorry if I missed it but what barrel combo did you end up going with?  I really like the taller appropriate A2 front sight. I'm guessing a Brownells Retro set up?

Yeah, the Brownells retro barrel. They have 2 different ones, this is the heavier fluted barrel, 20". The FSB is slightly different than what is pictured on their site, the bayonet lug is removed, and the sling swivel is side mounted instead of bottom mounted. The sight itself is a fixed blade instead of an adjustable post. Since I'm mixing and matching, (using an Aero Precision carry handle on an Aero M5 standard high upper) I'm really hoping the rear and front sights will play nice together. Since one of my vices is old military Mausers, I'm pretty good at "Kentucky windage" sight adjustments. But, I am getting older, and now I need my glasses to see the front sight!

Does that fsb have set screws on the bottom. The one I am sending requires pins that go through the edge of the barrel. I'm not sure where the original pins got to and do you have a way of drilling the pin slots in the edge of the barrel. If this isn't something you want to do. Let me know before I get this shipped and I'll send back your money.