• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Help me buy a suppressor

ARTrooper

Ok, so I better buy a suppressor while I still have the chance. I have never owned a suppressor before so I am pretty much a noob. I am looking for a multi caliber suppressor under $1000 and preferably weighing less than 20oz. I would also like the ability to use muzzle brakes when the suppressor is not attached.

I plan to use it with all my rifles, from 5.56 all the way up to .308, so I would like at to be pretty universal. I have looked at the Liberty Mystic X and the Dead Air Sandmans, and I like what I see with them.

let me know what you guys would suggest based on research or experience. 

I love my Griffin 30SD. I bought it for the same reasons you mention -- ability to be a "do-all" suppressor on common rifle calibers, plus a good selection of muzzle devices that will work with it.

.30 caliber, QD is compatible with mil-spec A2 flash hiders and similar devices which will interface with the USGI Blank Firing Adapter ("rings" on the back end), though "mil-spec" is the key criteria. I run Griffin 30SD brakes on my .308 AR, 6.8 AR, a Griffin .223 Hammer Comp on my 5.56 AR, and a 30SD Flash Comp on my IWI Tavor 7.

IIRC, I ordered mine in June of 2019 and paid $900ish for the can, plus the stamp. I'm impressed with it -- it makes the Tavor 7 sound like a 16d air nailer with M80 ball on-board.

Edited by COBrien

borderline is how much sugar are you going to put in your sweet pie. I totally understand the budget and its just that for some.. You get what you pay for. So get the best sound db reduction in your range. Silencer shop does me the best info and has the test info and stalk . They also have the best customer service. The have all my info for a trust or one time buy option. My bro has 2 on order now!  Limited stalk is on now and I can see bs soon! Do your research and get a 30 cal can that handles most anything and under.  Then slap 98 when he waits to long for this same reason. 🍻🍻🇺🇸

1 hour ago, sketch said:

Then slap 98 when he waits to long for this same reason. 🍻🍻🇺🇸

Bro, we're right around the corner from a total collapse, right now.  When that happens, and it's ANTIFA and Anarchy everywhere, I'll be able to do anything I want...  :thumbup:

21 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Bro, we're right around the corner from a total collapse, right now.  When that happens, and it's ANTIFA and Anarchy everywhere, I'll be able to do anything I want...  :thumbup:

And by that time, I'll be heading to a friends house in AZ. Except it'll be two gang boxes in the back of the truck instead of one.

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

And by that time, I'll be heading to a friends house in AZ. Except it'll be two gang boxes in the back of the truck instead of one.

Your room is always ready, brother.  :hail:   One last drive, right?...   :embarrassed:

You even have a nice stash of ammo here already.  :thumbup: