• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

First Kill

Cliff R

Meet Samson, the latest addition to the family.  He's only 4 months old but logged his first kill couple of days ago. 

We were scouting for ground hogs and caught a big male in the middle of a bean field cleaning out his new home.  I caught him pretty good with the 10/22 and he jumped straight up in the air and tried to make it to the wood line about 100 yards away.

Sadie just wasn't having it and Samson joined in on the kill. 

We hope to be throwing a nice litter of pups later this summer........

IMG_2628.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

Right on. Cool looking pup Cliff!  

Mags - always gotta cover the nuts. We had a Jack Russell when I was growing up. OB...short for Owl Bait. Looking forward to getting the house done and picking up a couple of new dogs. Still leaning towards Boxers again...just really liked the ones we had before. 

Thanks, he's going to be pretty big for a Min-Pin, I'm hoping about 20-22 lbs when he's full grown.

Love them mousers for sure, even better when they protect your nuts!

I've had Min-Pins since 2003 and they pile up mice, rats and ground squirrels like cord wood around here.  They are absolutely fearless too, and don't hesitate to whoop on just about anything that ventures onto the property here.......

2 hours ago, Sisco said:

Not to hijack the thread but I have this girl coming next week. Will be 100 pounds full grown. Great Pyrenees. We have pesky coyotes.

C2B0FCEA-EA87-4CCE-923B-53F447D5A000.jpeg

Our great pyrenees killed 2 yotes last week. The female is 135 lb the male 115. They also catch deer, ground hogs etc.

4 hours ago, Sisco said:

Not to hijack the thread but I have this girl coming next week. Will be 100 pounds full grown. Great Pyrenees. We have pesky coyotes.

C2B0FCEA-EA87-4CCE-923B-53F447D5A000.jpeg

I seem to remember a suppressor on your 300 blk at the shoot. Get that out and pffft the coyotes. The neighbors will never know.

3 hours ago, shooterrex said:

Our great pyrenees killed 2 yotes last week. The female is 135 lb the male 115. They also catch deer, ground hogs etc.

She is one of the smaller ones of the litter. Her Mom is 110 and her father 125. We have a 125 male two doors down.

53 minutes ago, dpete said:

I seem to remember a suppressor on your 300 blk at the shoot. Get that out and pffft the coyotes. The neighbors will never know.

Have to get a thermal imager or a NV scope. They only show up down here at night. Think they are looking for fox dens to raid.