• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Anyone want to go over my build plan?

soofley

Also whats the max grain i can use on my barrel, its a 1/10 twist...

...would an AR15 multi-tool work for the .308 freefloat DanieDefense barrel nut i listed?

You'll need the DD Lite barrel nut wrench - it's a proprietary barrel nut.

Probably the heaviest bullet you'll be able to run is a 175 grain.  Some 180s might make it, like soft-point hunting rounds, but most 180s will need to be loaded to a length that won't fit into the .308 AR-type magazines.  I'm not sure if there are any companies still loading 178 grain cartridges anymore.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all good...just as long as it was your car and  it wasnt you that got rearended  <laughs> and no one was hurt.....just got my truck back a couple of months ago from a rear ending <laughs>  suks dont it?    okay nothin is more important than a parts run...I feel for ya <thumbsup>  Wash

changing the build. Well after staring at both the DD lite 12.0 and RAx11, i am no longer getting the daniel defense lite 12.0, I'm going for the rainier ars RA10-X13. The rainier arms has QD sling swivels and the DD lite has none and it looks much more appealing in my opinion. all i need now is to wait for the x13 to be in stock.

Went home with with LPK, PRS stock, A2 tube, rifle tube, buffer, and Battlegrip instead.

:D lower assembly will be complete by the weekend yip.

modified build

UPPER: Ma-Ten dpms system (acquired)

LOWER: Ma-ten dpms system (acquired)

BARREL: Rainier Arms UltraMatch 20" dpms system (acquired)

BCG: DPMS .308 bcg

LPK: DPMS .308 lpk (acquired)

FOREARM: RainierArms RA10-X13

STOCK ASSEMBLY: Magpul PRS (acquired)

OTHER

Rainier arms low profile gas block stainless, rifle length tube (acquired)

Tango down Battle grip (acquired)

Battlecomp BABC

*some trigger system i dont know (acquired)

*IOR Valdala 9-36x56 (not 100% set of this optic)

any of you guys know if a 13" forearm would hide the rifle length mounted gas block? an 11" forearm certainly will not hide the gasblock right?

The Troy MRF-308 is 13.8" long, and JUST covers a short lo-pro gas block.  The end of the rail is the exact same length as the PRI lo-pro gas block I have - they're flush with each other.  <thumbsup>

tnX 98Z! i'll see if rainier can special order that one. i see that this troy 13.8 has Low or High profile. Which one's for Mega Ma-Ten??

other than the DPMS chrome BCG, can you guys recommend a different .308 BCG in chrome finish thats dpms compatible(or any finish other than phospate black)?

tnX 98Z! i'll see if rainier can special order that one. i see that this troy 13.8 has Low or High profile. Which one's for Mega Ma-Ten??

other than the DPMS chrome BCG, can you guys recommend a different .308 BCG in chrome finish thats dpms compatible(or any finish other than phospate black)?

Hiya  The "high" is for the Mega 10  Wash

i likes!

i've read some forum threads from ar15/snipershide that the MRF-308 doesn't fit the MA-TEN upper. I just got off the phone from troy industries asking the same question and they should it should fit the MA-TEN upper no problem. I think i'm happy with that and will go ahead and get this rail.

Did you have to dremel you berrel nut to make way for the gas tube 98?

god damn guys. i just ordered the MRF-308 from troy and a 2nd day air because i need so bad. Half an hour later, i got an email saying its on back order -_-"...... GREAT.

RANT grrrrrrrr RANT!

Two handguards i wanted are both on backorder with no ETA. Back to daniel defense 12" i guess... but it doesn't make sense spending $390 and it doesn't even have hole for QD swivel.

The picture on the website can be deceiving, Art makes a very good rail. If you'd like to see a different view of the SWS rail, take a look at the Noveske website, it's essentially the same rail, but marked Noveske. I have one and would have to agree, it is more open than the DD rail, but not as much as the picture on the SWS website would make it appear. But if I'm not mistaken, weren't you considering the Troy in order to cover the rifle length low pro gas block? If so the 13" SWS won't do the job, only the 15" sniper handguard, and unless I'm mistaken the 12.5" Noveske won't cover the GB either.

I preferred the 15" sniper version myself. I liked the flat grip on the bottom.

I asked Art to make me one of his original 12.5" versions, that looked identical to his 15". He told me they weren't planning on ever offering that version, and that it was made as a prototype. I think only a handful of them ever got released.